Fine tune start point of samples

Hi all. Had the OP-1 now for a few weeks, and having lots of fun, particularly playing around with sampling from the radio. However, there doesn’t appear to be a way to fine tune the start point of the sample - fine tuning the end and loop points can be done with the shift key, but when doing this for the blue know this changes the sample direction. Am I missing something? Is there a work around?

The start position is the green encoder. Shift + greeen = fine tuning :slight_smile:

OK. The green sets the starting loop point - I would like to fine tune the start point of the sample, which can be done ‘crudely’ with the blue encoder, but not with any precision.

At least the drum sampler allows for the fine tuning of the start position. So you could do the tuning there, then drop it to tape, and copy it to the synth sampler. Perhaps there an easier way to do it that escapes me right now!

I’ll try that. The only way I’ve come up with so far is to move the end point close to the start point, which increases the ‘resolution’ of the part of the sample shown on the screen so that the increments that happen when you turn the blue encoder are smaller. But it’s a bit cumbersome.

Get into the habit of turning the white (end point) closer to the start of your chop. This zooms the waveform in incredibly. You can get really accurate. THEN, turn the white encoder to position your end point. This is usually easier to gauge, and it at least gives you that precision zoom for the crucial start point.

Get into the habit of turning the white (end point) closer to the start of your chop. This zooms the waveform in incredibly. You can get really accurate. THEN, turn the white encoder to position your end point. This is usually easier to gauge, and it at least gives you that precision zoom for the crucial start point.

Oh, you said that.

Oh well… If that seems cumbersome, the MPC Live will drop soon enough!

I personally find it pretty simple and natural.

OK. The green sets the starting loop point - I would like to fine tune the start point of the sample, which can be done 'crudely' with the blue encoder, but not with any precision.

Now I understand you were talking about the synth sampler and figured out it as a different behavior than the drum sampler. Thanks for that :wink:

Oh, you said that.

Oh well… If that seems cumbersome, the MPC Live will drop soon enough!

I personally find it pretty simple and natural.

Cumbersome might not be the right word - I was just curious as to whether I had missed a trick somewhere.

Thanks nonetheless.