Find BPM for a sample?

I normally make weird ambient stuff, but started messing around with a cappella raps I sampled from Youtube this weekend. I’ve had pretty good luck with tapping the tempo, but…had a thought…it would be cool if I could cut a piece of tape to exactly four bars of rap and then line up the tempo beat markers to get the tempo.

I know that isn’t an actual feature. Any hints on how to sync the BPM from a random sample short of trial and error?

Load up a bar or 2 (or 4) into the endless sequencer and just keep adjusting the tempo until it loops seamlessly. $$$

Ah…nice…will try this.

Load up a bar or 2 (or 4) into the endless sequencer and just keep adjusting the tempo until it loops seamlessly. $$$
thissssssss

Can you explain what you mean by loading it into the endless sequencer? Is this using drum mode or some other method?

Yes use drum mode sampler. Go to endless pattern and hold your sample
Key for 4… or whatever number you need to use depending on your bpm… but then turn hold on and play the pattern, edit sample start and end points and bpm until you have what you want

you could also use a bpm analyser, there’s apps, or you can load it into a daw, i use logic to do this. it works really well for me.