Looking for a small drum machine to sync to PO-20

The small drum machine needs to be tiny, open hardware, battery powered, with mini jack output that will sync to the input of a PO-20, and that is not another pocket operator

Is there such a thing?

Maybe… or get an OP1 if your budget will stretch :slight_smile:

And you don’t want a PO-12 because…?

Korg Volca sample / beats
Korg Electribe 2 / sampler
Arturia Drumbrute (not battery powered).

Roland TR-09 should also work, using Trigger-Out to PO-20-Input

And you don't want a PO-12 because...?

I want to learn about other types of "devices"

Volca beats or sample! The volca series is perfect for beginners and at a a valuable price (under 100$)

Btw: Beats if you want a 808-like analogue machine, sample if you want more flexibility (swing, more sounds, eq etc.)

Sample more than beats, I got bored of beats quite fast…

The sample arrived yesterday. Lovely device. Learned my way around it in a matter of hours.

Now for a couple of synths … :slight_smile:

Modal CraftSynth, Volca keys, MFB Nanozwerg ,something else?

I have the Volca Keys, pleasant analogue sound, but the Volca FM seems much more flexible.

Wife bought me a moog werkstatt for less than £160. Gotta be worth a look at that price?

Moog Werkstatt looks interesting. I’m learning, and it seems like it would be a good start. What about the Bastl Kastle, seems a good learning tool too?

Moog Werkstatt looks interesting. I'm learning, and it seems like it would be a good start. What about the Bastl Kastle, seems a good learning tool too?

I find Roland’s Boutique series to be quite immediate and tons of fun.

@eesn which would you recommend as a first?

monotribe.

@eesn which would you recommend as a first?

I’ve the JU06, JP08, JX03 and VP03. I like them all but the VP03 really won my heart as a little self contained unit, docked in the K25m It depends what you’re looking for @steveoath.

CB

I hum n haw @cloudburst - i love the chorus on the old rolands, but like to sequence phrases. I probably should stick to daw synths, byt something keeps drawing me to hardware!

MFB 522 or the new tanzmaus and tanzbaer lite