TE-Boot not displaying all options

Hey guys got a confusing one here,

Got my op1 a couple months ago (bought a used one off eBay) been loving it and recently updated to the 218 firmware.
Made a couple things on the tape I liked and was ready to bring them into a computer, when I do a COM boot up and get to the TE-Boot screen I see only this:

TE-BOOT v2.02
1. Upload Firmware
2. Function Test

7.Factory Reset
[id:f0e4882b6b8f2472c07cf01f3c070000]

No disc mode options, boot modes or motherboard tests just the option to upload firmware, a function test (which it passes) and a factory reset (which I have also done but does not give me back the missing TE-boot options) I re-installed the new firmware and when updating it says “TE-Boot skipped” which seems interesting as TE-boot seems to be what isn’t working correctly.

Since reinstalling the 218 firmware did nothing, I also downloaded the old 14203 firmware and installed that.After updating the firmware on the first regular boot up I got an error (seems like the old firmware found the Voltage synth and got confused) so I did a format by COM booting the old firmware, then installed the 14203 firmware and got a mostly working 14203 op1. However, when I booted up in COM mode I I still did not have a disk mode option (4). I did have the motherboard test, which I performed and it came back OK.

So I reinstalled the 218 firmware. Everything installed correctly, but again in COM mode i’m still left with only options 1, 2, and 7. Is there a hardware issue going on here that is preventing TE-Boot from giving me disk mode or midi options?

Thanks all

You only need to hit the COM button when you’ve booted normally. No need to restart the OP-1.

… holy shit I’ve spent all this time looking for something right under my nose. Shift com brings up Disk mode fine, I thought it was in the restart menu! crude, thank you so much

Have a close look at this from 0:26 onwards:

https://youtu.be/CgUXqrfalqQ

No worries, Sith happens :wink:

Ok yes that does the trick! I wonder why I thought I had to set it in disk mode in the TE Boot screen. So did TE decide to remove the hardware and motherboard tests from the TE Boot screen then? I feel like I remember a test where I had to rotate the volume knobs and check the speaker and mic inputs…

That would be the Function Test I think. I’m still on the 076 Beta so I can’t say if this option has been removed from most current OS

@freeman …buddy, you’ve listed the function test option in your first post. It’s the one with the knobs and the turns and the speaks. :slight_smile:

TE-BOOT v2.02
1. Upload Firmware
2. Function Test

7.Factory Reset
[id:f0e4882b6b8f2472c07cf01f3c070000]

not quite right ;o)

There are two tests. The “function test” is missing many of the tests in the “old” test setup.
But the tests are still there. The Bootloader only hides them.
They are now only shown on TE developer OP-1s…

Shift-2 (under display) in bootloader screen does motherboard test

Shift-3 runs the old tests with colour bars, loopback, etc
1 Like