parameter knobs freezing

hello everyone

i would be grateful if someone could tell me if there is a solution to the problem i have

i got the op1 yesterday…what happens is that after a while and while changing the sounds and the parameters, suddenly the parameter knobs just freeze and do nothing…i cannot change anything concerning these knobs…sound etc…when i restart the op the problem goes away but appears again after a while…anyone had or have the same problem??

thanks

try a factory reset. shift + com + power on.

i had this in the 076 beta. Not in the new official one or the old official one though. @stepanok, a problem with this problem is that no one so far has provided exact steps to replicate. Can you?

I believe I may have experienced this a couple of days back.

OS vesion 218.
Voltage synth engine.
Had been experimenting with the synth-specific effects and lfo at the time, as well as tweaking each of the 4 params.

Ended up not being able to make parameter changes to Voltage.
Turning the OP-1 off and on again sorted it.

CB

you dont need to reset it…just turn it off and on again and its ok…but the problem comes back after a while…it could be 10 minutes latter , it could be 3 hours…but it comes back
As for replicating the problem …no…it seems to happen no matter if you work with synth, drum or tape mode…i cannot find any specific mode or action that causes it
i got the op1 a couple of days ago and since it is by no means cheap i dont know if its worth keeping it as i cannot keep turning it on and off …you cannot get into working something if all the time you expect it to freeze

i also have this battery charging problem that ive seen mentioned here…it does not seem to charge no matter if i leave it powered on or off…

i was just wondering what is the opinion of other users…is acceptable for a 900 euro synth to have these issues???

What OS are you on?
I’d send it back for a replacement.
Freezing all time is a no go.

What OS are you on?
I’d send it back for a replacement.
Freezing all time is a no go.

I didnt update it the moment i got it…i did install the latest OS after a couple of hours…the thing is that it froze with both OSs…older and latest…
I got the op1 after seeing the latest update as i was confident that since it has been out for years all sort of problems would have been taken cared of…im disappointed…

ps
By the way i have seen that although you could get it before the latest update with around 760 euros , a couple of weeks after the update was released it went up to the original price of 940 euros …
i know there have been a lot of discussions about the price and if its worth it…IMO for 950 euros is a huge amount of money and problems such as the ones i encountered shouldnt be there when its brand new

I can understand your disappointment .
Did you try the factory reset?
Try that ,then return it.get a new one.

it could be a software issue (likely) but it also could be a power issue. discovered my iconnectmidi freezes when certain lights come on and off in my flat. i haven’t had the knobs freezing recently, but i’ve had it before. run it on battery, without it being connected to anything else, then start connecting one cable at a time. anyone have other ideas on how to catch this, please share?

@eesn - when it happened to me, the OP-1 was operating completely standalone.

CB

This happened to me a few times in the first couple weeks of having my OP-1. The diagnostic showed that everything was working properly, and cycling the power always fixed it; it went away eventually – hasn’t happened in years.

i got a replacement today…same thing happens again…i will send this one back again also and wont bother anymore with this…you must be joking…930 euros…unbelievable

ps

to some of the people saying they had this problem but it eventually got away…you payed all that money and kept something that might have worked or perhaps not worked?? and didn’t send it back when you saw the problem???..i don’t mean to be critical…im just trying to understand your thinking

I can understand your disappointment . Did you try the factory reset? Try that ,then return it.get a new one.

When I had this problem, I wrote to TE to ask them about it, and they told me “don’t worry, OP-1 just needs a bit of time to warm up to you”. So I didn’t stress about it – I’m not sure but I’m guessing maybe the encoders need to be worn in a bit? They definitely had a stiff feel to them for a while.

When I had this problem, I wrote to TE to ask them about it, and they told me "don't worry, OP-1 just needs a bit of time to warm up to you". So I didn't stress about it -- I'm not sure but I'm guessing maybe the encoders need to be worn in a bit? They definitely had a stiff feel to them for a while.

hi and thanks for your answer…could you please clarify what ÿou mean by “|stiff”| feel to them?
…the problem, i have is you turn them and nothing at all happens…you just have to turn it off otherwise you are stuck with your op1 basically working without parameters being to able to change at all

hello @stepanok i am having the same problem. did anyone ever figure this out? i bought this about 6 months ago used and have never had this problem. i recently began using this in .com mode to control my DSI Tempest and now it freezes all the time whether or not i’m using it as a midi controller or just in synth mode… any help would be appreciated.

ah i think i might have figured it out. i believe a new usb/to micro usb (?) fixed it.