Sync between Korg DS10 (on Nintendo DS) and PO-20?

How would I go about syncing these two, and is it even possible?

u might be able to create/send a click track of eighth notes from the DS10 and pan it hard left and send to the PO via the headphone output.
mess around w/ the sound and see if you can get the PO to recognize it as a click.
a short loud pulse should be a good start.

you would lose a sound channel & a synth or drum voice tho on the ds10.

i think theres no link port on the DS. i've seen some ppl have tried to sync DS via the wifi (not specifically PO).

I’ll try that. which sync mode should I place the OP-20 into?

Try this, instead of Monotribe connect PO, set sync mode on PO to SY2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8N1Pl0NI30

Do I need to split the stereo from the DS10 into two mono as suggested in the video? I only have the DS10 and the PO-20.

I create the click track, press play on both and I hear nothing from the DS10 (as expected) but nothing on the PO-20 either when it’s in SY2 mode. Should I hear the PO-2O? Should there be an indicator on the PO-2O when it picks up the sync signal?

yes i think the am/pm blinks with the clicks. something blinks.

i think you want SY4 mode which allows you to hear the PO, and the input ring or usually the red (right) side on the PO output.

u would want to pan left your click track on the ds10, and then any sounds you want to mix on pan to the right.

I’ve been unsuccessful.

Some else has tried, but I see no sync here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsjS-Vcz6ik

Hey I tried, the click track sent by DS-10/DSN-12 can be recognized by KORG Volca Key, but cannot by PO…

I suppose TE’s PO has more stricter demand on Clock track signals.

I have emailed the support team to hear them advice…

If possible, we can sync up many POs wirelessly thru DS-10’s multi-player mode.

So, did you succeed? :slight_smile:

The signal sent by NDS is too weak.

I managed to sync up PO by add an overdrive pedal in the signal chain, which is too complicated gear setup.

So I gave up…

wow that’s really complicated

I put a Zoom H1n in between a DS (very original one, not 3DS) and a PO-32, and it worked. But is it worth the effort, probably not. If you happen to have a really small attenuator, then the setup is really compact and not a hassle. Otherwise, just 3.5mm stereo audio cables are all you need.