Sync between Korg DS10 (on Nintendo DS) and PO-20?

How would I go about syncing these two, and is it even possible?

Comments

• edited December 2016
    u might be able to create/send a click track of eighth notes from the DS10 and pan it hard left and send to the PO via the headphone output. 
    mess around w/ the sound and see if you can get the PO to recognize it as a click.  
    a short loud pulse should be a good start.

you would lose a sound channel & a synth or drum voice tho on the ds10.

i think theres no link port on the DS.  i've seen some ppl have tried to sync DS via the wifi (not specifically PO).
  • I'll try that. which sync mode should I place the OP-20 into?
  • Try this, instead of Monotribe connect PO, set sync mode on PO to SY2

• edited December 2016
    Do I need to split the stereo from the DS10 into two mono as suggested in the video? I only have the DS10 and the PO-20.

I create the click track, press play on both and I hear nothing from the DS10 (as expected) but nothing on the PO-20 either when it's in SY2 mode. Should I hear the PO-2O? Should there be an indicator on the PO-2O when it picks up the sync signal?
  • yes i think the am/pm blinks with the clicks.  something blinks.  

i think you want SY4 mode which allows you to hear the PO, and the input ring or usually the red (right) side on the PO output.

u would want to pan left your click track on the ds10, and then any sounds you want to mix on pan to the right.

• edited December 2016
    I've been unsuccessful.

Some else has tried, but I see no sync here

• Hey I tried, the click track sent by DS-10/DSN-12 can be recognized by KORG Volca Key, but cannot by PO..

I suppose TE's PO has more stricter demand on Clock track signals.

I have emailed the support team to hear them advice..

If possible, we can sync up many POs wirelessly thru DS-10's multi-player mode.