Midi clock for dummies (and cheapskates)

Okay, I’ve had a very complex midi set up going all the way back to 1992, when my PC controlled multiple midi devices and I had KB input which I could route to any of them without ever plugging or unplugging anything. It was sweet and worked great for many years.

But I’ve been making music free of computers for the last 2 years and I have no desire to go back.

So here’s my question, what’s the cheapest solution for getting midi clock to all my little midi devices?

I have a midi hub to attach them already. I also have iOS devices which could be part of the mix if there’s a good app/connector (36pin) solution.

In a way, the complex set up was easier to do, because you could do anything. Strangely, just trying to run clock to a bunch of battery powered devices seems much harder, unless I spend a few hundred bucks which seems stupid for what I need. But maybe I have no choice.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. As a last resort, my Alesis Micron could probably generate clock, but I don’t like that solution because it’s not as mobile for Train/Bus usage.

MI MidiPal is worth considering, decent clock generator and a whole host of other handy midi utilities in a little black box.

http://mutable-instruments.net/midipal

I love the midi pal but I don’t like ordering internationally. However in the mean time I got my Alesis Micron to generate clock when I’m at home. That’s a start. lol