[beta OS 216] Bug reports

So…

I did an update + a factory reset.

So far, I got a crash while playing with Nitro on the Preset 8 which is Sampler based. I had tweaked the points on the Sampler before this happened.

I also lost sound while activating Marx with the same sound.

Bad thing is I can’t reproduce these pb, so hard to say what’s really involved.

Do you guys know if there is some way to access crash logs ?

take photos of the assertions…

Good point

Not a crash, but I get some lags when playing tape, arpeggio + Voltage + Phone effect with tremolo LFO. I’m wondering If it can crash when overloaded

Lost sound again while switching the Sequencer type (to Monkeys this time). All the animations are working fine at the instrument level.

Mixer displays no sound and I have no input in the headphones.
Switching off an on is sufficient to get the sound back.

No error to report.

If you replace the preset, is it doing the same ?

the lags are normal, in fact that’s lower FPS you’re looking at; mostly happens on polyphony with Digital, Voltage, depending on synth engine in my experience.

That’s true @eesn :slight_smile:
I’m still having the high pitched “scream” when the master effect is active (especially when it is CWO)

Yep, I just lost sound while switching the synth preset.

This time I got an error while switching off then on.

Took a picture.

Would seem each time I had the USB cable plugged on my MBP.
Haven’t reproduced since I unplugged it.

@LyingDalai - fyi

@LyingDalai - fyi

Indeed.

I can't figure out how to attach photos, so you can find them here: https://archive.org/details/op1-dbox-crash-bug-screenshots-2016-11-23

I was messing around in dbox, with the finger sequencer. Everything froze, no audio, and the error message you'll see in the picture showed up (the picture with dbox open). Then I rebooted, and got the other error message (the picture with the boot screen). I had to do a factory reset (and lost one of my favorite patches I've ever made! The new tremolo is so cool! ; )).

Everything's back to normal, but kind of a frustrating bug if you're not backed up! : )

I still get the bug where lift all randomly deletes the tracks before the loop point. Doesn’t actually delete the audio, only the representation of it. I have been reading about this one since forever, kind of surprised it’s still in there considering how long they’ve been working on this

I still get the bug where lift all randomly deletes the tracks before the loop point. Doesn't actually delete the audio, only the representation of it. I have been reading about this one since forever, kind of surprised it's still in there considering how long they've been working on this

Not good to hear this is still happening :frowning:

I still get the bug where lift all randomly deletes the tracks before the loop point. Doesn't actually delete the audio, only the representation of it. I have been reading about this one since forever, kind of surprised it's still in there considering how long they've been working on this

have you emailed TE (again) yet?

@eesn

Do they have a special page set up? Or do you just reply to email with the beta link? there are actually no instructions I’ve seen on how to report bugs haha.

Would be nice to keep this place for bug reports only, I think.

@eesn
Do they have a special page set up? Or do you just reply to email with the beta link? there are actually no instructions I've seen on how to report bugs haha.

I replied to that email three times with a different subject and they filed separate bugs for each reply.

The thing with this board is there’s no guarantee any of what we discuss ends up on TE’s issue tracker. In fact since most bugs (if not all) we’ve discussed here are still present in this beta, that’s points more to the opposite.

Yes I emailed them and they got back right away and asked for a video of the bug, which I’ve just sent off. Thanks for the info.

Yes I emailed them and they got back right away and asked for a video of the bug, which I've just sent off. Thanks for the info.

did you share the video here too already? I haven’t seen this but am my usual interested in things to avoid