[beta OS 216] Bug reports

So...
I did an update + a factory reset.

So far, I got a crash while playing with Nitro on the Preset 8 which is Sampler based. I had tweaked the points on the Sampler before this happened.

I also lost sound while activating Marx with the same sound.

Bad thing is I can't reproduce these pb, so hard to say what's really involved.

Do you guys know if there is some way to access crash logs ?

«1

Comments

  • take photos of the assertions..

  • edited November 2016
    Good point
  • edited November 2016
    Not a crash, but I get some lags when playing tape, arpeggio + Voltage + Phone effect with tremolo LFO. I'm wondering If it can crash when overloaded
  • edited November 2016
    Lost sound again while switching the Sequencer type (to Monkeys this time). All the animations are working fine at the instrument level.
    Mixer displays no sound and I have no input in the headphones. 
    Switching off an on is sufficient to get the sound back.

    No error to report.
  • If you replace the preset, is it doing the same ?
  • the lags are normal, in fact that's lower FPS you're looking at; mostly happens on polyphony with Digital, Voltage, depending on synth engine in my experience.
  • That's true @eesn :)
    I'm still having the high pitched "scream" when the master effect is active (especially when it is CWO)
  • edited November 2016
    Yep, I just lost sound while switching the synth preset.
    This time I got an error while switching off then on.

    Took a picture.

    image

    Would seem each time I had the USB cable plugged on my MBP.
    Haven't reproduced since I unplugged it.


  • edited November 2016
    I can't figure out how to attach photos, so you can find them here: https://archive.org/details/op1-dbox-crash-bug-screenshots-2016-11-23

    I was messing around in dbox, with the finger sequencer. Everything froze, no audio, and the error message you'll see in the picture showed up (the picture with dbox open). Then I rebooted, and got the other error message (the picture with the boot screen). I had to do a factory reset (and lost one of my favorite patches I've ever made! The new tremolo is so cool! ; )).

    Everything's back to normal, but kind of a frustrating bug if you're not backed up! : )
  • I still get the bug where lift all randomly deletes the tracks before the loop point. Doesn't actually delete the audio, only the representation of it. I have been reading about this one since forever, kind of surprised it's still in there considering how long they've been working on this
  • ypxkap said:

    I still get the bug where lift all randomly deletes the tracks before the loop point. Doesn't actually delete the audio, only the representation of it. I have been reading about this one since forever, kind of surprised it's still in there considering how long they've been working on this

    Not good to hear this is still happening :(

  • ypxkap said:

    I still get the bug where lift all randomly deletes the tracks before the loop point. Doesn't actually delete the audio, only the representation of it. I have been reading about this one since forever, kind of surprised it's still in there considering how long they've been working on this

    have you emailed TE (again) yet?
  • @eesn
    Do they have a special page set up? Or do you just reply to email with the beta link? there are actually no instructions I've seen on how to report bugs haha. 
  • Would be nice to keep this place for bug reports only, I think.
  • ypxkap said:

    @eesn

    Do they have a special page set up? Or do you just reply to email with the beta link? there are actually no instructions I've seen on how to report bugs haha. 
    I replied to that email three times with a different subject and they filed separate bugs for each reply.

    The thing with this board is there's no guarantee any of what we discuss ends up on TE's issue tracker. In fact since most bugs (if not all) we've discussed here are still present in this beta, that's points more to the opposite.
  • Yes I emailed them and they got back right away and asked for a video of the bug, which I've just sent off. Thanks for the info. 
  • ypxkap said:

    Yes I emailed them and they got back right away and asked for a video of the bug, which I've just sent off. Thanks for the info. 

    did you share the video here too already? I haven't seen this but am my usual interested in things to avoid

  • No I hadn't I've only just joined up, but here it is:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98LxdRlQMBw&feature=youtu.be

    It's a bit hard to see due to the compression artifacts and me stupidly making it a vertical video but here's what happens:

    1) begin playing 2 bar loop 
    2) press shift-lift to pick up two bar loop
    3) the op-1 deletes the audio bar for the 2 bar loop prior to this loop by mistake
    4) I drop the audio back and it is still only the original lift, i.e. the bar before has disappeared
    5) I jump to the loop before and solo the track that is 'missing' visually to show that you can still hear it. 

    It's not really that big of a deal compared to some other issues in the thread but still a bit annoying. 

  • ypxkap said:

    It's not really that big of a deal compared to some other issues in the thread but still a bit annoying. 

    that's loss of data. wouldn't call it "not really that big a deal", at least it didn't zero the audio there was.
  • I'm a little confused -- where are we supposed to report bugs? TE seems completely irresponsive.

    I'm not gonna put time into finding, replicating, and documenting bugs if they're just going to ignore us.
  • jAKEjAPAN said:

    I'm a little confused -- where are we supposed to report bugs? TE seems completely irresponsive.


    I'm not gonna put time into finding, replicating, and documenting bugs if they're just going to ignore us.
    Regardless of whether they respond, you should still email them. Maybe they aren't going to respond to every email about it, but they will probably see the email. 
  • edited November 2016
    I just got an automated reply from TE. It looks like my bug report was assigned a case number.

    Looks like I got a little excited. I'll continue to email TE bug reports. : )

    To others, though: I don't think this thread is official, and am not sure if TE is monitoring it. I'd recommend emailing TE directly with your bugs, as well as posting here (emailing TE directly being the important part).
  • edited November 2016
    jAKEjAPAN said:

    I'm a little confused -- where are we supposed to report bugs? TE seems completely irresponsive.


    I'm not gonna put time into finding, replicating, and documenting bugs if they're just going to ignore us.
    Approach this from a different angle.if you put time into replicating, describing, and documenting the bug, they have no reason to ignore you. Also it's safe to assume many beta testers are now emailing about things they've noticed now, ranging from longstanding bugs to placebo effects, so TE might be a little slow to respond. I got responses within 24h, and some in well out of office hours. ps Nowhere in TE's communication so far has it said "we're monitoring the [beta os 216] but reports thread".
  • i had very direct and successful contact to the beta-support group. display was scrambled / upside down. they adressed the issue within hours. not a day went by and the thing was fixed.
    so - just stay calm and steady about your issue. it will be fixed. be open and confident :-)
  • edited November 2016
    eesn said:

    jAKEjAPAN said:

    I'm a little confused -- where are we supposed to report bugs? TE seems completely irresponsive.


    I'm not gonna put time into finding, replicating, and documenting bugs if they're just going to ignore us.
    Approach this from a different angle.if you put time into replicating, describing, and documenting the bug, they have no reason to ignore you. Also it's safe to assume many beta testers are now emailing about things they've noticed now, ranging from longstanding bugs to placebo effects, so TE might be a little slow to respond. I got responses within 24h, and some in well out of office hours. ps Nowhere in TE's communication so far has it said "we're monitoring the [beta os 216] but reports thread".
    As I mentioned, looks like I got a little excited. : )

    It was more that they didn't really say where and how to leave feedback. A public bug tracker would be nice, and would probably help TE out as well (de-duplicating and consolidating issues).

    I have plenty of experience putting a lot of time into bug reports, only to be ignored by the given company. It's hard to tell what's going on when the bug reports go down the black hole of an email. We're helping to improve their product, I don't think it's too much to desire some insight into what's going on and if my bug report was seen.
  • eesn said:

    ypxkap said:

    It's not really that big of a deal compared to some other issues in the thread but still a bit annoying. 

    that's loss of data. wouldn't call it "not really that big a deal", at least it didn't zero the audio there was.

    update: They're telling me to do a factory reset to the official release and reupgrade to the beta to see if that fixes the problem. I'll try it out when i get back but haven't had much luck with the factory reset in the past for this issue. I never downloaded the leaked beta so i've only been on the official release.

    if anyone else is having this issue or any others please email teenage engineering, they've been super responsive to me!
  • ypxkap said:

    eesn said:

    ypxkap said:

    It's not really that big of a deal compared to some other issues in the thread but still a bit annoying. 

    that's loss of data. wouldn't call it "not really that big a deal", at least it didn't zero the audio there was.

    update: They're telling me to do a factory reset to the official release and reupgrade to the beta to see if that fixes the problem. I'll try it out when i get back but haven't had much luck with the factory reset in the past for this issue. I never downloaded the leaked beta so i've only been on the official release.

    if anyone else is having this issue or any others please email teenage engineering, they've been super responsive to me!
    Pretty stock response.. hope they fix this. 
  • eesn said:

    ypxkap said:

    eesn said:

    ypxkap said:

    It's not really that big of a deal compared to some other issues in the thread but still a bit annoying. 

    that's loss of data. wouldn't call it "not really that big a deal", at least it didn't zero the audio there was.

    update: They're telling me to do a factory reset to the official release and reupgrade to the beta to see if that fixes the problem. I'll try it out when i get back but haven't had much luck with the factory reset in the past for this issue. I never downloaded the leaked beta so i've only been on the official release.

    if anyone else is having this issue or any others please email teenage engineering, they've been super responsive to me!
    Pretty stock response.. hope they fix this. 
    I did a bunch of combinations of factory resets but was still easily able to reproduce the bug. Sent them another email, we'll see what happens.
Sign In or Register to comment.