Updated to newest OS... Now the screen is in the wrong position and backwards.....

So I just received my OP1 and I was super stoked to play with it, but i decided to update it first… Now the screen is like upside down and reversed and in the wrong spot. Anything like this ever happen before? Any suggestions?

neat.

hold com on boot up and factory reset.

try updating with fresh download should issues persist.

Only problem is I cant see the on screen instructions… But from what I’ve read, turn it on while holding the com button, and then press 7? Then do i wait for it to do something?

Only problem is I cant see the on screen instructions.... But from what I've read, turn it on while holding the com button, and then press 7? Then do i wait for it to do something?

wait for it to complete. takes about 2 minutes or so.

Will i have to restart it manually after the 2 min or so? Or does it do it on its own?

Okay so I restarted it, still backwards and upside down, then did another update with a newly downloaded file. Still is messed up. Any way to do a full wipe or any other ideas?

You should ask for help to TE: support@teenageengineering.com

Or, you can follow our advice at you own risk.

Try holding COM while turning it on, then press 1 and plug the USB cable to you computer. The OP-1 will show up as a drive, where you should put the frimware you can get from TE’s download section.
Then eject the unit from the computer but don’t unplug it! And press COM once again.
You should wait several minutes since at this time it is loading the firmware. Then turn it off and on again.

Does it work now?

@rileydiehl flipping the screen is done via a hidden menu in the bootloader. while in the bootloader, use “SHIFT + 4” to flip the screen.
Please also let TE know that you have “one of those” ;o)

fun fact - shift+4 on the new beta doesn’t flip the screen —it just garbles everything up. X |

@rileydiehl flipping the screen is done via a hidden menu in the bootloader. while in the bootloader, use "SHIFT + 4" to flip the screen.
Please also let TE know that you have "one of those" ;o)

wat? what else is there “hidden” in the stock firmware?

lots of things ;o)