PO-28 Robot or PO-16 Factory?

Hi,

I just got a PO-20 and totally love it. I’m planning to get a second one, and since I’d like to do melodies it seems that it should be either the Robot or the Factory. Which one do you think either stands more on its own (taking into account I don’t have the Rythm or Bass po), or would complement the Arcade better? I’ve heard some cool songs made with the Factory (and so with Robot), but then checking out the Forums it seems that the Robot gets more love…

Cheers!

The robot goes beautifully with the arcade imo.

Full disclosure (that’s the ones I have haha).

Soundwise the robot perfectly fits the arcade. But if you want some non-chippy stuff, the factory is your friend. Anyway, I’d recommend the rhythm for solid beats first.

Between Robot and Factory-

Robot will fit the Arcade best.

But I agree with motone,
id recommend getting rhythm over any other next.

As much as I love the Factory, I would recommend the Robot.

Here is a song I made with just the Factory:
https://soundcloud.com/vulcanor/sugarboys-adventures

And here is one with the Arcade and Robot:
https://soundcloud.com/vulcanor/robot-kid-2000

You can add chords with some of the styles in the Factory, as well as a half note up effect to get to every note.

The Robot instead has a G# so you can do C major and A minor without sacrificing the FX to do so, which is the same thing the Arcade does. You can also have a sequenced melody on the Robot and play another one on top, IIRC, whereas in the Factory you only have one melody which can’t be played live, you have the styles to play live, which are fantastic IMO

I too think Rhythm is very powerful. I don’t have Office, but amongst the other POs Rhythm is the one that is the easiest to fit with other gear, I found.

I too think Rhythm is very powerful. I don't have Office, but amongst the other POs Rhythm is the one that is the easiest to fit with other gear, I found.
+1 for the PO-12. Jammed with it and the PO-14 for about 2 hours today. Even attracted a local cat though I think it was more interested in the danlging cables ;)

What am I missing about the Rhythm? It seems like the most boring of all the POs. 16 drums sounds and that’s it.