Sync 2 OP-1s?

Hi,

Will i be able to sync 2 OP-1s with OPlab?

Cheers!

pretty sure that you can - since it has two USB in/out…
I’d eat my hat if you couldn’t

Yes! it is not a problem. the problem is when you have three…

Cheers guys!

@dimi3
Do you have 3?

yes I do… I don’t usually use them together. usually 2 at most.

How comes you went for 3?

I’ve just ordered a 2nd one.

I get a little obsessed when i find a bit of kit that’s a game changer. Partly because i worry about damage, theft, discontinuation/obsolecence etc. But i tend to fit what i make around specific gear and it’s quirks, so when i find unique tools that work for me, i really like to immerse myself. But i’m at a stage in my life where i no longer want a typical “Studio” set up or environment. I’m bored with all the options & possible configurations. I’m 41 with a baby due and i want to enjoy other things. But music creation will always be my passion, and a little dual OP-1 set up opens up a whole new world for me.

(making a mental note to myself: go for 2 OP-1s but not 3) =)

I got a good deal on the third, so I like having a safety… my first was a very early model, my second shortly after that.

I get a little obsessed when i find a bit of kit that’s a game changer. Partly because i worry about damage, theft, discontinuation/obsolecence etc. But i tend to fit what i make around specific gear and it’s quirks, so when i find unique tools that work for me, i really like to immerse myself. But i’m at a stage in my life where i no longer want a typical “Studio” set up or environment. I’m bored with all the options & possible configurations.

Ha, a kindred spirit! I do that too :slight_smile:

Maddening, isn’t it? ; )

But i tend to fit what i make around specific gear and it's quirks, so when i find unique tools that work for me, i really like to immerse myself. But i'm at a stage in my life where i no longer want a typical "Studio" set up or environment. I'm bored with all the options & possible configurations.

Every other day I look into selling everything but my OP-1, Patchblocks, Zillion, and a few effects pedals. I’ve been using them exclusively lately as far as hardware goes, and it works very nicely for the direction I’ve been heading lately. I have a lot of power at my disposal (Octatrack, Monomachine, Blofeld, Pulse 2, Zillion) but these little things get my ideas out very well. If I could record for an hour on the OP-1 I’d be in heaven, but that won’t be happening so I’ll just roll on and do things how I have to.

Hell I could get nearly two grand for my Elektrons o.O

dudes me too! i haven’t used my computer for music in many many months. its beautiful… not even for recording. just using the OP! and SP,

i really enjoy just being able to make music on my coffee table in the middle of the room, or at a park, by some water or something, as i’m living my life, not the other way around.
its much more fun and inspiring!

i also wish that TE made it like native or something to sync OP1’s together w/o the need of an intermediate device. i def would have 2 if that were the case.
i really enjoy just being able to make music on my coffee table in the middle of the room, or at a park, by some water or something, as i'm living my life, not the other way around.

This has been incredibly liberating to me. I felt shackled both mentally & physically trying to make music in room. You put it so well, to enjoy being able to make music as you’re living your life. Spot on!

so can you sync 2x op1 like master and slave ? how you do that ?