new video with tiny instruments, vocal looping, etc

Hi all! Been making music with a friend pretty regularly for a while now and we’re starting to get a little serious and share some of our stuff. Here’s a live performance with OP-1, PO-12, and lots of other gadgets you’ll probably recognize.

If You Knew (OP-1 + PO-12 + Volca Keys + Pocket Piano version) - YouTube

PS. If you enjoy it, please subscribe to our youtube channel :slight_smile:

Tight performance :slight_smile:

Hi all! Been making music with a friend pretty regularly for a while now and we’re starting to get a little serious and share some of our stuff. Here’s a live performance with OP-1, PO-12, and lots of other gadgets you’ll probably recognize.
Nice to see the Volca Keys in there, I think it doesn’t get enough love YT. You get some very rich and/or gnarly sounds out of it. In combination with the PO-12 you can do some pretty neat “minimal” music with the polyphony it has.

@Callofthevoid thanks! :slight_smile:

@crudeoperator Yeah I think the Keys is maybe the underrated member of the Volca family. I like Flux sequencer mode a lot, cause it’s more like the way I’m used to building up tracks in Ableton. And the ring mod is lots of fun. Funnily enough I almost never use it in Poly mode, but maybe I should make a point to play around with that more.

Stumbled upon this video on YouTube a couple of days ago! I’ve watched it several times and was disappointed that there was only one video in the channel!:stuck_out_tongue: Truly inspiring work, and I threw myself over my equipment trying to mimic the awesome buildup. More videos!!

Edit: awesome vocal looping. Really brought everything together perfectly!!

Nice track

@juniorengineer Another favourite of mine https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1402/talking-heads-cover-on-tiny-instruments

@macfergus this track is lovely, and brilliantly executed :slight_smile:

More !!!
:smiley:

Thank you @Juniorengineer @houtson @LyingDalia, really appreciate all your nice comments!

sweet

great stuff!

fkn rad

Good idea to use the OP-1 for vocal loops