External battery boxes for Pocket Operators

Hello all. Since the Pocket Operators do not turn off all the way when cables are plugged in to both their input and output I am wanting to wire up external battery boxes with a power switch to each so I can leave them plugged in to my setup at all times and simply flip their respective power switch off when I’m done. Here’s what I think will work but I need some guidance on the electrical wiring aspect of it. The premise is to use two dummy cell AAA’s wired to a battery box with a power switch. Below is a link to the dummy cells I plan on using as well as the battery box. Any advice on how to do this properly so it a) works and b) doesn’t mess up my Pocket Operators would be greatly appreciated!

The battery box - https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Black-Battery-Holder-Container/dp/B00NQ9JXI2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1475121059&sr=8-3&keywords=aaa+battery+box

The dummy batteries - https://www.amazon.com/Placeholder-Cylinder-Conductor-Electric-Batteries/dp/B010NE8LQ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475121014&sr=8-1&keywords=aaa+dummy+battery

Skip the dummy batteries, remove any real batteries first then solder the red (positive) and black (ground) wires of the battery box to the + and - pads up by the hang tag on the back of the PO.
Warning! use only one power source, do not put batteries in your PO and then use your new battery box at the same time. You will fry the PO.

Now take the $4.99 I saved you and put it towards one of my PO cases.

www.dichstudios.com

If you don’t want to solder, aliggator clips may do just fine.

I definitely don’t want to solder anything because I’ll be using the Pocket Operators away from my battery powered studio setup as well. Ideally I’ll just be able to pop in the dummy batteries in place of my rechargeables for when the PO’s will be staying in one place and then switch back when I want to take a few of them with me somewhere. I’ll admit I have pretty much zero electrical wiring experience so I have no clue how I’d do the alligator clips. Since there’s two positive terminals and two negative terminals on the back of the PO’s how would I wire that up with alligator clips when the battery boxes have just one positive wire and one negative wire?

Thanks again for all your help!

Hey great cases btw Dichstudios1!! Do you have any plans to make the one that holds 3 PO’s available for sale? If so, could you make one that holds all 6 PO’s and has a line mixer and individual volume control for each PO? I’m very interested so please PM me if it’s something you would consider doing.

Those dummy batteries “Work as occupying the vacancy of battery compartment and conducting electricity.” Meaning that if you were to put those into the battery slots, there would be an electrical connection between + and - on the PO. So that would not work at all. I think @Punji’s suggestion of using alligator clips is the way to go for you. Just clip to the first + and last - and you should be fine. There should be two points on the batteries that are connected on the circuit board. Shouldn’t have any issues unless you hook it up backwards or something.

Skip the dummy batteries, remove any real batteries first then solder the red (positive) and black (ground) wires of the battery box to the + and - pads up by the hang tag on the back of the PO. Warning! use only one power source, do not put batteries in your PO and then use your new battery box at the same time. You will fry the PO.

Now take the $4.99 I saved you and put it towards one of my PO cases.

www.dichstudios.com

Make an OP-1 case! I like your work a lot! :smiley:

Sounds like alligator clips is the way to go for now. Thanks everyone!

Looking at the PO from the back:

• is the upper right tab
  • is the lower left tab
Looking at the PO from the back:
  • is the upper right tab
  • is the lower left tab

Thanks!