op1 tape

Hi,

https://soundcloud.com/brnsctr/sets/artless

ive made this tape using the op1. it would be great if you guys can take out the time and check it out. produced,arranged ( mostly) and edited on op1. but final export is through ableton. i tried mixing the songs on ableton and even used it able to do some arrangement. the tape is 90% op1 though.

thank you.

AMAZING work!!!

Listening now…great work!

Love this.

AMAZING work!!!!!!!

Listening now…great work!

Love this.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

P.S : ITS AVAILABLE FOR FREE DOWNLOAD THROUGH MY BANDCAMP!

Hey its great, sounds awesome!! I noticed lots of sample stuff and lots of stereo fx – would love to hear a bit about your process (how often you bounce to tracks, and to album and back etc), how long you spend on a track etc.

Hey its great, sounds awesome!! I noticed lots of sample stuff and lots of stereo fx – would love to hear a bit about your process (how often you bounce to tracks, and to album and back etc), how long you spend on a track etc.

hey ! i made most of the rough draft on the op1 itself .usually spent 30 - 45 minutes on those. and i collected a whole bunch of such loops. while making these loops. anything goes really. i record everything
to tape and bounce each of the 4 tracks quite often between tape
and master.
i would go back to them and see which ones i wanted to take forward. if i liked a loop then i would transfer them to ableton to help edit some sounds.

e.g : if i had 3 different snares on the same track on the op1 , i would transfer to ableton to separate them on 3 different tracks and treat them individually (reverb + eq) and arrange spatially.

once i have the loop ready. i would put it back into the op1 to arrange the track. and maybe add some other instruments. render to master track.

then put this track back to ableton for final stereo arrangement/compression. would usually add the fx too in this stage.

i tried integrating ableton into my process for this project, but looking back now i realise that it wasnt really the best choice… because i prefer op1’s sound and compressor a lot more…

e.g : if i had 3 different snares on the same track on the op1 , i would transfer to ableton to separate them on 3 different tracks and treat them individually (reverb + eq) and arrange spatially.

@brnsctr Apologies if this is obvious, but how do you take 3 snares on the same OP-1 track and separate them in your DAW?

Great work @brnsctr !

Great work @brnsctr !

thank you so much ! everything available for free download from my bandcamp!

@brnsctr Apologies if this is obvious, but how do you take 3 snares on the same OP-1 track and separate them in your DAW?

hi!

what i meant was that all the snares i use on my song i try and keep it on the same track on the op1 tape. i like using multiple kicks and snares in my beat. not at the same time but played at different parts of my sequence.
1 snare could be a snare with a long release. the other one could be a snare with a short release etc. another one could be a sampled snare. etc etc…

i have this rule ive made where i record different freq bands on each of the 4 tracks.

e.g : so 1 track could be all my kicks + sub . 1 track all my snares / mid frequencies . 1 for synth . 1 for hi freqs // 2nd synth

i just transfer the 4 op1 tracks to ableton and separate each of the elements to separate ableton tracks. and then when i have to put it back to the op1, i group them back together.

i did not really layer snares or kicks on this project. i just distorted the drum sounds a lot. the im experimenting with layering drum sounds on tracks im making right now.

Got it, thanks for taking the time to respond!