OP-1 clicky keyboard keys

Just got a brand new OP-1 yesterday. One mildly annoying thing is that all the keys on the keyboard are very smooth and silent, except for the F and D keys in the lower octave. They make a noticeable little click clack sound when pressed, like an older-school computer keyboard key. Did anyone else experience this when getting a new OP-1? Is it par for the course, and I should let it go? Or should I take the step of mailing it back for a replacement unit (which will be frustrating, because I want to dive into this thing and not wait who knows how long for that!)?

All my keys click and clack :slight_smile:

All of mine are clacky too.

Yeah, you gotta hit em all a few times, they all click-clack like a cherry keyboard.

I’ve never known them to NOT clack. I don’t even hear it if I have headphones on.

I guess it depends on the definition of click clack lol… Just seems weird that two of the keys do it way, way louder then the rest of the keyboard, considering it being a new unit

The keyboards do ship with defects sometimes.
Ask yourself if it effects playability and how annoying it’ll be to live with.
Chances are they will just fix your machine rather than replace with a new model.email them to check.It may be worth the effort.

The keyboards do ship with defects sometimes. Ask yourself if it effects playability and how annoying it'll be to live with. Chances are they will just fix your machine rather than replace with a new model.email them to check.It may be worth the effort.

I indeed decided to exchange mine, ultimately; the new one arrived a couple days ago. So happy with my decision. All the keys are smooth and even now. Having the lower F and D keys sounding so out whack with the rest and feeling different when pressed had been driving me crazy… The two week wait for the replacement was no fun, but having it feel right now is so worth it.

Excellent result :slight_smile: