Elektron Analog Heat

https://www.elektron.se/products/analog-heat/

Ooo la laaaa… so it’s arrived! Looks very interesting!

Looks… Kind of interesting.

I really get the idea of marketing an analog unit for the ITB crowd, but in itself, as an €800 outboard processor, I feel like they may have gone a bit too much towards “let’s make a really high-end, narrow focus box” for my tastes… The multifunctionality of the Elektrons has been what has made it so great for me.

That being said, way too early to judge – curious to see what can be done with it.

yes kind of luxious product.

Find it weird that’s in not a pedal; guitar is such an important market.

An analog distortion box, but the price of an OP1. Hmm.

Yeah, pretty underwhelmed tbh but maybe vids/more info/the sound will show it be worth the £…

Otherwise there are def more interesting ways I can think of to spend £679… Either in comparable separate pedals or that’s getting toward deepmind 12 price (not fully convinced I want one, but still…)

Expensive unit. looks interesting with alot of hands on control, which is a plus, compared to other products they make.

save up a few more bucks and you could buy a Thermonic culture vulture…

For my money they should have made a more general FX unit and aimed it more at the ‘synth processing / guitar’ market than the high end audio market.

+++

Filters
AR-like distorsion (though I’m becoming a bit tired of reaching it to often these days, I’m helpless with the volume levels, Spinal Tap 11-like…)
Everything is plockable from an external Elektron machine

Only one stereo input. I could have done with two, like some sort of a mixer. Hell, I could have done with a mixer.
No internal plock
PRICE !

=> I’ll keep my money for a Qu-Pac.

save up a few more bucks and you could buy a Thermonic culture vulture...

For my money they should have made a more general FX unit and aimed it more at the 'synth processing / guitar' market than the high end audio market.

Man I’d love a culture vulture… Had a few hours use of one and it totally blew me away. Incredible sound.

Way too expensive

I thought that the new Elektron release was going to be a game changer. Doesn’t seem so.

Indeed. I’m a bit disappointed…

I was really expecting something like a plockable mixer.
Like all these functionalities on a 24-channels mixer, one filter + distorsion + FX send by channel
Direct recording to SSD card or USB/Overbridge

Something that would have taken 4 OT outs + 10 AR outs + 10 A4 outs and totally blow these…

Would have been great.

the only appealing thing to me is the stereo filter. I only use my A4 for sequenced filter karate now… this coulda replaced it… but alas no sequencing.

speaking of, what other stereo filter units are out there? (restyler comes to mind) I own a vermona retroverb which seems to cover all this (sans stereo)
Indeed. I'm a bit disappointed...

I was really expecting something like a plockable mixer.
Like all these functionalities on a 24-channels mixer, one filter + distorsion + FX send by channel
Direct recording to SSD card or USB/Overbridge

Something that would have taken 4 OT outs + 10 AR outs + 10 A4 outs and totally blow these...

Would have been great.

Yeah. That would have been fantastic.

I’m disappointed as well and it’s such a relief. for my wallet

It’s surprisingly pleasant when no GAS is triggered

Effects units don't really

I'm disappointed as well and it's such a relief. for my wallet
It's surprisingly pleasant when no GAS is triggered

+1 LOL

bleh for that price i could get an octatrack!

Whilst I know I will not buy one due to the expense, I really like it. I need a decent interface, only record one instrument at a time and having some nice warming/saturation effects is cool. Especially as most of my stuff is done on PC. I like the idea of sending tracks to the unit for processing and thereby reducing CPU usage. Cool idea, not sure how they justify the cost though.

No idea what Elektron were thinking when this box idea came up.

I too had thought what they were going ot be announcing was going to be a game changer.