Roland 909 day

What do you guys reckon to this?. Personally I really like my Aira gear (Tr8 tb3)so I’m looking forward to it. Hoping the rumoured sampler is in the line up.

https://ask.audio/articles/roland-teaser-video-for-909-day-30-new-products-coming

I’m pretty interested. I think Roland have been doing alright lately.

The Old and the New Gods - I beseech thee - please deliver thine MV-9000

Roland have been working on something with Serato too … https://serato.com/roland

I’d like to see a USB multi-effects box. That is a hole in the market right there. It is essential to process audio before it hits the MX-1’s USB inputs. I have to use a midi channel and one of the few and far between analogue inputs instead.

As for synths and anything else I’ll probably drool but I will not add anything to my armory - I am being blown away by what I have. The OT answered my dreams and more. The CC control for two of the boutiques is exceptional but more than anything else taking control of my TR-8 has made my jaw drop. Those three pieces of equipment now have double the sequencing potential with 1 pattern from the OT. The OT is my hub and magnificent. My System 1m still seems to be my most versatile synth. It’s range is astonishing. I love my JU and my JP. My beloved OP-1 and the rest of my stuff means I am full to the brim and I am happy to just jam. I have every corner covered in a round about way. I really REALLY don’t need anything else.

Having said that GAS is GAS… Hahahahahaha

Ahahh, cool @<a href=“https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/profile/1144/HisMostDarxxxellent” class=“Username” style=“font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 22.1px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: bold; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(1, 115, 198); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>HisMostDarxxxellent<span style=“font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 22.1px; color: rgb(37, 38, 30); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”> :slight_smile:

<span style=“color: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 22.1px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>Have you tried to sample your Boutiques and get crazy with the sample ?
<span style=“color: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 22.1px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>I just played with OT and Shruthi and it turned out wild distored acid :smiley:
OT is a beast, it can eats anything !!
You might try some tiny DIY synths such as PreenFM2, doesn’t overlap with your stuff and plays weel with the OT (4 instruments = up to 4 MIDI channels !!)

Anyway… I do believe I need nothing from Roland ^^

I know, right! It’s took constant effort to get to this point. It’s felt like a lifetime and there is still a gazillion more things to learn. It keeps me busy though.

Funny you should say that @LyingDalai, that was the next thing I was going to do. When I had my instruments set up in a different area that was the first thing I did and I was amazed. I looked into the CC control area after that as of know. Thanks for your help on that btw. I have all of that sussed out now so I can crack on with the sound sculpture aspects.

It’s still all newish to me but I’m getting there slowly.

I love learning. I am looking forward to the day I have a place for my DX7 and the VK-8M. That’s when I want to really understand about music theory. My knowledge is minimal at the moment but I don’t mind. :slight_smile:

That synth is probably great but I can’t fit my other bits and bobs in to my current (tight cove in the corner of the room) set up. I still have my RX7 and MiniBrute laying up against the side of the wall waiting for their chance.

Hope we get that new “Mpc killer” that people were hyped up for a while back (myself included), 30 new products, day dedicated to 909 there’s bound to be something interesting. We’ll probably get the acid trio each in boutique boxes. Whatever they are doing with Serato could be important to the DJ folks.

Well - what are operators’ opinions?

CB

909 looks cool aesthetically but looks very cramped dials wise to operate. I have a Tr8 so will pass. 303 looks cool, but I have several tb3’s, blame TM404 for that haha, so it seems pretty much same ACB tech in a different (but very cool) box give or take some functions. Vocoder doesn’t interest me, but seems to be generating the most positive feedback online.
Never been one to care much on the analog debate but the adsr YouTube tb03/tb303 comparison is worth a watch/listen.

I think the new boutiques sound fantastic!! TB-03 and TR-09 both sound better than their respective AIRA’s. I’d actually consider parting with my Moog Minitaur for a TB-03 if the TB-03 had an audio in. ACB concept seems to be working well for Roland.

With 2 drum machines already (LXR and a TR-606) I am covered in that dept. and I am not really big on the 909 sound, anyway. Possibly the TB-03 if anything, because it is so cute and cheaper than the 909. But nothing here is blowing me away, I am waiting on Elektron and the OP-Z offerings to see what they bring to the table before diving on a Boutique I think. But there is some seriously great stuff released this past month or so, the Korg stuff looks good also.

The vocoder, but only at 35% GAS. It’ll mature overtime and I’ll happily pick one up on the second hand market in a year or two :wink:

depends how big your hands are :expressionless: i thought the 03 and 09 were made to tweak live… but, man, tiny