Need help connecting Op-1 and Push2

so i can use the push pads to play the op1 through midi, ive tried this using external instrument but i really wasn’t sure what i was doing so i couldnt get it to work.

a step by step guide would really be useful thanks, still pretty new to integrating external synths and possible routing combinations to ableton.

I have done this successfully! I am assuming your Push is already set up. If so:

1. Plug in your OP-1 via USB
2. Go to MIDI prefs, look for “Output: OP-1 Midi Device” and make sure Track is set to "On"

Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 8.23.33 PM

3. Throw an External Instrument on a MIDI track. Under “MIDI To” select “OP-1 Midi Device”, Ch. 1 will probably work.

Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 8.24.20 PM

4. Make sure that track is selected on the Push. You should be able to play notes in Note mode and hear them through the OP-1 internal speaker.

5. Next, if you want the OP-1 audio routed through Live as well, connect the headphone jack on your OP-1 to your audio interface, then select that input as "Audio In"

Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 8.26.29 PM

Then you can throw effects and sends on there and it will be utterly great.

HTH!

Couldnt have asked for a better reply, thanks a lot! Problem is though, everytime i press the space bar to play my ableton clips it automatically sets off the tape recorder on the op1 too…

That’s actually easy to fix, open your MIDI Preferences again. Next to “Output: OP-1 Midi Device” make sure “Sync” is turned OFF.

“Track” means Ableton will accept notes from the device, “Sync” means Ableton will send song start/stop and clock.

u can also turn sync on and off on the OP1 in the tempo/bpm screen. green knob not set to “SYNC”

Hey! I have followed directions exactly and can’t figure out where i’m going wrong.

any tips??

external inst and settings

note: I actually have had it working in the past… can’t think of anything that i changed…

Turn SYNC off. On the op1 output and input midi options in ableton