Op-1 Drum utility vst

This looks great. Tried it out quick last night but it would only accept ‘folder’. Which then auto populated the keys with the files contained inside the folder. When I try to drag individual files to a key it doesn’t do anything. Need to check out the manual pdf tomoro in case I’m missing something (don’t have a pdf reader on my daw machine). But seemed weird as it looked like it would be a simple drag and drop function. I was using sonar x3 64bit.

I think that’s always been my experience with it too. I could well be doing something wrong though.

i’ve never used the VST version but the standalone i know supports single files

@docshermsticks sweet, I didn’t know there was a standalone version. Can’t find it tho :confused: if you get a sec can you post a link please? Thanks :slight_smile:

http://now.teenageengineering.com/post/47348903156/op-1-drum-utility
https://www.xferrecords.com/freeware/

i've never even seen this VST version…? i'm on mac maybe standalone is mac only? i don't really know.

when u drop your files have u tried dropping them into the rectangle slots? not just the "Drop Files/Folder here" space..?

okay i found the mac VST within the standalone app. single files work for me when dropping in either spaces.
drum utility hosting within Live i think 32-bit. maybe your issue is w/ 32 vs 64 bit?

Thanks for link. I’m on Windows 7. Yeah I tried dropping file in the rectangles as well as the box at the top. No luck. Yeah could be a 32bit/64bit thing. I’ll try installing a 32bit version of something else to host it.

I use it on both Mac (standalone 64 bit) and PC (vst 32 bit) and sometimes it doesn’t work dragging individual files to the keys, however reloading the vst in your daw/host should solve the problem for a while… it will happen again though, but just try unloading&reloading the vst when this happens… and try a 32bit host just to make sure :wink: cheers!

I use abletonlive 64 bit but need to use the 32 bit version to run the drum utility.

didnt know that it runs on its own.!?!?

sometimes the utility acts funny and doesnt let you drag n drop.
i’d just restart it and try again or if using as a vst just delete instance and re-insert into channel.

Using the VST with FL12 on Windows10, it only works correctly with 32 bit version of FL12.
After exporting a couple of kits I usually need to restart the software or else it gets buggy when dragging and dropping samples from the file browser tab in FL12.

i dont know which version of it you have but i can drag and drop single files into it and where i want. i use the OS X Version.

I’m not able to get it to work anywhere.

The standalone version on El Capitan appears to work but previewing samples results in a static-like sound.

GarageBand isn’t picking it up as a component or a VST. Tried putting it in in both ~/Libary/{component/vst path} and /Library/{component/vst path} and clearing cache. Maybe due to it being 64-bit?

I can’t get it to show up in Ableton 64 on Windows 10

In VSTHost / SaviHost-32 on Windows 10 Drag and Drop does nothing even though drop box is green. 64-bit SaviHost wouldn’t load VST at all.

Very frustrated. Any ideas?

Got the standalone one to work by not using compressed audio (converted MP3 samples to .wav). Thanks to creator Steve Duda for the help debugging.

I use within VSTHost, drag and drop works fine. (Windows 10)

@ghostly606 : are you running windows 10 64-bit? Are you running VSTHost 32 or 64?

GarageBand isn't picking it up as a component or a VST. Tried putting it in in both ~/Libary/{component/vst path} and /Library/{component/vst path} and clearing cache. Maybe due to it being 64-bit?

i had to extract the vst file from the standalone program by right clicking and selecting "show package contents"

then copy the vst to your preferred vst location.

GarageBand isn't picking it up as a component or a VST. Tried putting it in in both ~/Libary/{component/vst path} and /Library/{component/vst path} and clearing cache. Maybe due to it being 64-bit?

i had to extract the vst file from the standalone program by right clicking and selecting "show package contents"

then copy the vst to your preferred vst location.

Yes, I tried that as well but I’m running 64-bit OS X and I guess GarageBand doesn’t support 32-bit plugins anymore. Are you maybe running an older OS X with an older GB?

After corresponding with Steve Duda, the creator of this, he graciously updated and uploaded a new version of the plugin to his site (1.02) that is 64-bit! This should work with GB and newer DAW’s!

After corresponding with Steve Duda, the creator of this, he graciously updated and uploaded a new version of the plugin to his site (1.02) that is 64-bit! This should work with GB and newer DAW's!

Nice one :slight_smile:

Finally thought to check out the 64bit version of drum utility. Only links I found seem like theyre the old version. Anyone got a link for the updated version? Thanks

@callofthevoid

https://xferrecords.com/freeware/