Battle 41 Beta OS

Beta OS version 76

I think this makes sense to do, after listening to Yoof’s new track ‘‘Drum n’ Slump’'

1. Use slump and only one other synth engine of your choice.
2. Use up to 3 of the new drumpresets
3. Record one sound of your pet and play with it on the sampler engine, synth or drum. When you don’t have a pet, record anything else comparable and let us know what it originally was ; )
5. You can add one instrument from outside the OP-1, but don’t exaggerate ; ) It should be an OP-1 based song in the end !
4. As usual all mixed in the box!

I haven’t switched to the new Beta so far, so this is exciting new for me as well !

Last call will be the Sunday 3rd of July. I hope that’s fine!

Ready steady go!

Hey @mixrasta, cool idea. I think it’s ver. 74, but I might be wrong.

May I suggest to add a rule about the new ARP sequencer as well ?

I have a pet, but it’s a rabbit… May I use my baby niece babblings as pet noise ? ^^
Or maybe the birds I encounter on my way home / to work…

Nice one @mixrasta I’ve only used my OP as an ideas scratchpad since I got it. I’m lazy/too used to DAW. Be fun to try and do a full track in it. My daughter’s gold fish doesn’t speak to us… Does sampling the water filter in it’s tank count?

Woohoo! Ok, I’m all excited… new battle time! (Thanks for the honourable mention @mixrasta!)

I can feel a “Guinea Pig Dub” coming on :wink:

Nice one @mixrasta I've only used my OP as an ideas scratchpad since I got it. I'm lazy/too used to DAW. Be fun to try and do a full track in it. My daughter's gold fish doesn't speak to us.. Does sampling the water filter in it's tank count?

@<a href=“https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/profile/2004/Callofthevoid” class=“Username” style=“margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: bold; font-size: 15px; font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(66, 157, 168); line-height: 22.1px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>Callofthevoid<span style=“color: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 22.1px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”> the battles is the ultimate way to find new workflows, I found.

<span style=“color: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 22.1px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>And the deadline is a good kick in the bass to put an end to a track ! :smiley:

ARP could play a role here as well @LyingDalai What rule could it be, I can add that!
Also you can also record your niece, or children or wife ; ) of course @Callofthevoid , @yoof

These rules make a lot of sense. Love the pet rule and the one extra instrument -but reign yourself in.(no “Ive used my entire studio as my other inst”)…

I happen to have a pet CWO

I must confess that I´m a little bit worried to update with a Beta Version. You think I can have a corruption kind of issue that I´ll need to send my OP-1 to Sweden? :stuck_out_tongue:

I like these rules @mixrasta ! I’m gonna try to make something. Final record to the album ?

You are welcome! Yes, to album or directly from tape to soundcloud : )

Been clashing with OP past month trying to find a workflow. Still not got a full grip on it but throwing this in for battle. Kind of unfinished/rushed but wanna empty my OP and start something else so it’ll do :wink: Bailed on my original track cos it needed DAW to finish…

3 x 4 bar loops with mutes/solos etc recorded to album. Mixed on OP with in-ears…<bad idea :wink:

All synths = slump.
Drums are cuckoos (+ ton of reverb…) & another of the presets that I forget which. You need that info?
Tiny sample midway of my 4yr old daughter saying ‘noise’.

That’s cool for a kind unfinished track @Callofthevoid. I like the bouncing drums! I use spring a lot too ; )

That's cool for a kind unfinished track @Callofthevoid. I like the bouncing drums! I use spring a lot too ; )

Thanks :slight_smile: Yeah Spring is nice, if there were 2 fx blocks per patch I’d probably use a little of it on almost everything :wink:

how do I get the beta OS, a quick google search revealed nothing

Also, can some drop a link to the new OS features? (praying for better editing, timing, quantize related stuff, this thing is close to being a viable means of producing full tracks, but if TE doesn't go that last step, I may just sell it, don't need a $1000 toy/paper weight)

Search for “reddit op1 beta”. There’s a page with a link to a dropbox dl and the list of features.

Search for "reddit op1 beta". There's a page with a link to a dropbox dl and the list of features.

Thank you

I see there are some bugs,

Can anyone throw up a quick pro/con list for the beta OS?

Do you regret it? Or is it worth the bugs?

@Callofthevoid

damn, I can tell I’m going to like slump (haven’t switched to the beta yet, probably just going to wait till the full release)

@beefinator yeah slump’s cool. Can do some varied sounds. I was kinda surprised to get the flute(ish) and ‘wooo!’ sounds on that track out it it. Does a real nice wonky music box kind of thing with Tape hiss too.