NEW! Dichstudios PO cases are finally shipping

After much delay, my PO cases are now ready to ship!
I’m only offering the single case design for now (sorry no triple)
$20 for one or $55 for three + $7 shipping US only.
Head on over to my shop at www.dichstudios.com and pick up a few.

Your Kalimba Kasters look interesting. You got any audio files to listen to? How about details of pricing/availability?

Thanks!
Like Leo fender and his guitars, I can’t play the kalimba worth a damn. I’ve reached out to a few Musicians who have them for a video to really showcase these unique instruments.
So that’s in the works…
They sell for $250, available now, and I have them for sale
Here:
http://etsy.me/Mz0Vj1

And here:
Dichstudios.com

Those PO cases look great, and a lot more affordable than 3d-printing. I wonder how you produce the buttons - are those multiple layers of acrylic sandwiched with the bottom layer a little larger to prevent the buttons from falling out?

Will you really only ship to the US?

Thanks! Like Leo fender and his guitars, I can't play the kalimba worth a damn. I've reached out to a few Musicians who have them for a video to really showcase these unique instruments. So that's in the works... They sell for $250, available now, and I have them for sale Here: http://etsy.me/Mz0Vj1

And here:

The photos on Etsy look really nice. I’ve never actually played one so unfortunately I can’t really justify $250. Doesn’t stop me wanting one though :frowning:

@crashdebug Thank you! I must say thou, your cases are fantastic, the detail you put into yours is incredible! The buttons as you prolly know already, is the hardest part. I really wanted silicone button pads, but went with a 2 layered design. The bottom layer is clear, slightly larger and then painted with a frosted finish on the top and sides to make a “light pipe”.
Have you tried a “fume” bath with acetone for the case and button pads for yours? I’ve had pretty good luck with it whenever I 3D print stuff here. It might help if your buttons aren’t sliding right. If you ever need something laser cut, or cnc milled let me know, I’m always happy to help another maker out.

@mrjoshua ever since USPS bumped the prices way up, it just doesn’t seem right to offer that shipping service to my customers. I am still looking for a reliable person/business to distribute my products in Europe, know anyone?

And you’re prolly curious anyways about the prices…so here you go!
USA to FRANCE <-----example
$66.50 For kalimbas
$24 for the PO cases

If you REALLY want my products (I’m totally flattered) then by all means, I will sell them to you.

@duncmc I hear you, I’d kill for a moog mother32 right now, but $600?!? If only someone would trade me for one…anyone?

Would a DIY kit interest you?
I’ve been pondering offering one for a while now.
$150?
I’d supply the rough sanded body and all the bits and pieces to finish one yourself, maybe make it so you wouldn’t have to solder anything too?

@duncmc I hear you, I'd kill for a moog mother32 right now, but $600?!? If only someone would trade me for one....anyone?

Would a DIY kit interest you?
I’ve been pondering offering one for a while now.
$150?
I’d supply the rough sanded body and all the bits and pieces to finish one yourself, maybe make it so you wouldn’t have to solder anything too?

I’d like to say yes but I know myself well enough to know that it would end up being another project that I never get around to finishing.

Also the aesthetic is quite big part of the appeal for me and I don’t think I’d have the skillz. Having said that a matt finished wood version might look quite good…

Greg’s work is top notch.
I’ve got a 6u eurorack case and am very happy with it.

@needles Hey Buddy! Thanks for the endorsement. Glad to hear the case is working out for you. If you get a chance I’d love to see a picture with it fully loaded with modules.

Done!

@needles Hey Buddy! Thanks for the endorsement. Glad to hear the case is working out for you. If you get a chance I'd love to see a picture with it fully loaded with modules.

Would love to see it without modules! How much for a case?

These look great!

@Dichstudios1 I like your racks, but where do you put the power? Apologies for the possibly stupid question, modular noob here!

@Dichstudios1 I like your racks, but where do you put the power? Apologies for the possibly stupid question, modular noob here!

@Ghostly606 - I use a uZeus module with flying bus x 2. Connectors just get tucked underneath the racked modules. No issues.

Thanks @Needles!

You are very welcome.

this case. is amazing. simple, well thought out design. Just enough room in the case should you want to add a lipo battery and regulator micro usb w/e setup. The leds are super readable now because the buttons have these nifty raised notches on them to help diffuse the light passing through. I will 100% be buying another one of these cases. highly recommend. My Po is finally portable. this case also has a built in screen protector!

Hopefully they come in more colors in the future, maybe even some engraved artwork when they are getting cut on the laser.

My apologizes for being absent for so long here, Sorry guys.
@needles (you rock!) thank you for answering some questions and for the photos, @virtual_flannel the case was made custom for Needles, it was a trade so I’m not sure what I would charge? Photo below
@masterofstuff124 theirs nothing’s better then hearing about how a customer enjoys your products, thank you!

So here’s what is coming down the pipeline.
-New case styles!
Clear and wood will be available later this week Photos below
-New super secret product for the PO’s and the volca line. It should solve all your sync/audio/eurorack/needs. Will be taking preorders when I finish up the working prototype. Updates will follow soon.
-Instagram <---- follow Dichstudios, I post the latest updates and new products here first. I will soon be offering frequent discount offers and several auctions for one off products/prototypes.

Trades??? Yes I accept trades. As Needles already knows the wife forbids me from buying anymore gear (Booo…Hisss!) let me know what you have and what you want. I’m currently looking for a NS1nanosynth, I really need one of those!

Cheers!
Greg