Festivals 2016

Summer is coming.

And with it, music festivals !

This weekend I'm gonna attend to #TINALS festival in Nîmes, France... Is there any chance that I can see one of you there ?

Comments

• Oh : just came across this little article...
    Interesting to see last year festivals programmation with / without 100% male band...
  • Nice ! I didn't know about this festival :)
    I won't be there this weekend.

100% Female bands in Hellfest <3
  • I would definitely be skanking out if I lived in England this weekend - Haggerston Park sees a whole heap of talented artist from the famed Rinse FM radio station including Grime Godfarthers DJ Slimzee and MC Wiley.
    https://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?786946
  • I'm going to the Blue Dot festival at the Joderell Bank radio telescope in Northern England - Jarre is headlining!
  • Btw Jarre made a song with Snowden ! Don't like the music much, but I really like that he chose to give the mike to NSA's most wanted !
  • Btw Jarre made a song with Snowden ! Don't like the music much, but I really like that he chose to give the mike to NSA's most wanted !

Narrators With Attitude!
  • MrJoshua said:

I'm going to the Blue Dot festival at the Joderell Bank radio telescope in Northern England - Jarre is headlining!

What a line-up! Gonna try and convince the family to head along for the weekend. Wish me luck! X

Wonder if Jarre will sneak Snowden into the gig. I always liked Jarre. :)

• Im seeing snarky puppy at the Wellington jazz festival this weekend.
  • Last weekend I was attending to TINALS festival... Got a great time there, and I made Kamasi Washington eat some andouillette :D
  • Great ! You had some stage accessssss ?
  • edited June 2016
    Nope, Kamasi and the keyboardist Brandon Coleman went outside to find some food.
    The seller was not speaking English good enough, so I helped.

At first they wanted only veggie or fish, I was rather proud to convince him to try some Andouillette (even if it wasn't the best I ever had, far from it).

The live performance was epic, especially Brandon Coleman's that must be the best keyboardist I've seen in my life !! I really love his style !
    Other concerts I appreciated : Beach House (I'm a fan), Battles, No Zu (best wtf moment), Algiers (for the Prince-style presence), Ty Segall, Parquet Courts, Helen Money... Cool to see Steve Albini on stage, even if after Beach House I was not really in the mood for the big guitars...
    A pretty cool festival, really !! And everyone was peaceful... I'm reconciled with festivals :D
  • Yeah buddy that's awesome ! I didn't know this group, I'm listening to it right now !
    TY LD
  • MrJoshua said:

I'm going to the Blue Dot festival at the Joderell Bank radio telescope in Northern England - Jarre is headlining!

What a line-up! Gonna try and convince the family to head along for the weekend. Wish me luck! X

Are you going? :)
  • Don't suppose anybody else is at Latitude Festival this weekend?
  • This week I've got Diksmuide, Mayenne, Cabourg and Aulnoye, any of you folks around by any chance? Where are you based Dalai?
  • I'm in St Etienne, France (near Lyon)

No other music festival for me this summer... Holidays are coming :D
  • I will be playing at Psycho Las Vegas in August.

No OP-1 in my rig for that show, though I'll have my Octatrack.
  • Off to WOMAD uk this weekend.
  • I will be playing at Psycho Las Vegas in August.

No OP-1 in my rig for that show, though I'll have my Octatrack.
    The Octatrack was suddenly unable to loop my violin, sample into a flex machine, or play back audio from the CF card, during a band rehearsal.

So I'll be replacing some of its functions with the OP-1 after all - primarily the playback of short, looped audio.