Bug reports for the OP-1 Beta OS (2016)

As @candygarage pointed out, we should have a separate thread for bug reports. I will post as soon as I have time to reproduce the things I’ve noticed so far. Feel free to report bugs if you like.

[Beta OS ENGINE/FEATURE]

[PROBLEM]

[STEPS TO REPRODUCE]

Nice one :slight_smile:

I haven’t encountered any beta OS bugs yet except for graphics becoming sluggish in certain situations when there’s a lot going on in OP.

after using the usb drive feature, it’s possible to lock the encoders by randomly turning and clicking blue&green. encoders won’t return to function until the op1 is restarted, but the unit won’t turn off until it’s unplugged from usb.

Tape chop effect: Not in time. Still bugs on loop points.

I had a bug when i switched from one sound to another and played a sequence but don’t know exactly why.

And the following is a bug that came with the sketch sequencer and will not be fixed in the next time. (i asked TE)
If you used the help button in the sketch or pattern sequencer a note will no longer just trigger a sound, it will trigger the sequence. You have to switch to another screen and go back to the sequencer.

One time i had this message during start up:

SEQSTAT 0x21 : RETX 0
ADDR 0x15ce3ac : STATUS 0
0xffa00420
0xffa03418
0x109abf0
0x109b406
0xffa0b578
0xffa08c0e

(USB Cable was connected to the Computer during the start, but this message showed up only one time. Before and after not anymore for now…)

inconsistent naming -> DRWAVE -> DR WAVE

• when playing the ARP from an external keyboard, you can only use the current range of the OP-1 keyboard
    - you can “overload” the ARP, this leads to hanging notes (missing note-off events).

i.e.:

Try creating a fake string-orchestra:
    - Preset CSTRINGS
    - ARP-Settings: 1/16, Note-Length: 64
    - play some chords
    -> after a short time one note will play continuously and can only be stopped by stopping the arp and playing that note on the keyboard.

below error received on startup. not plugged in to anything. probably anywhere between the 5th and 15th time i’ve powered it on since upgrading. upon first glance appears to be same error as amidis. so far has only happened once

below error received on startup. not plugged in to anything. probably anywhere between the 5th and 15th time i've powered it on since upgrading. upon first glance appears to be same error as amidis. so far has only happened once

Same as i posted above.

AND next bug:

This error came up as i was in the REC window and pressed radio tuning. After a few presses i frozze and this message came up.

when I have the OP synced via MIDI (send clock to op-1, select SYNC on tempo page), the loop markers drift here and there on the beta OS. not on the official one. It’s way noticeable, after 10 loops of a 1 bar section on the op-1 tape, it’s very very off sync.

Same as you for sync

Hmm, not seeing that sync issue here, pretty rock solid after 10 minutes still. Might be useful to know what other gear is involved, I was using Oplab and Elektron Rytm slaved to Roland SBX1 at 120BPM OP1 connected to Oplab USB port 1.

got sync problem, too

Iconnectmidi4+ here. MIDI from Cirklon.

usb to laptop here. seems to be the same issue that had been fixed a while ago.

Wondering if this sync issue might be related to the click reduction on loop boundaries fix? On the example that I tested I just used a drum pattern from the finger seq recorded to tape, so perhaps there was no click correction going on, but if something is hand played then maybe the OP1 moves the loop marker to zero crossing to avoid the clicks, therby throwing off the sync? Just a theory, anyone care to add/dispel/comment?

I don’t really know what I’m taking about but seems to be more than zero-crossings going on with the loop pop fix. The way it sometimes takes a few passes before the pop goes etc… think maybe some kind of copy/paste section of start to end and vice versa and short fade applied or something maybe. Pretty clever whatever it is. though slightly unpredictable in its consistency still on the beta.

@darenager, I was thinking about that as well. I’ll try to test it tonight.

Yeah. I still get pops, but it’s easy to work around one or two. Before the beta, the struggle was real.

tbc : )