What should I feed my OP-1?

Heading out on a week-long trip and just bringing the OP-1. I’m wondering what some peoples favorite stuff to load their OP-1 up with is. Sort of bread-and-butter stuff if you will.

80s drum kits

starve it. see what happens without samples.

Exactly, leave with an empty tank and use the OP-1’s built in radio for local flavors.

If you don’t have the antenna, plug some headphones in. So take 2 pairs of headphones :slight_smile:

where are you going?

If you don't have the antenna, plug some headphones in.

I think both input and headphone output act as antenna connectors. One pair is enough ;

I like to empty the little beast and then make samples throughout the day and make a track before bedtime.
Collect your trip in sound rather than or as well as photos and you will hit gold every time.

@lefilou Great ideas, I’m going to Mexico, so I should have a lot of fun with radio samples.

I think both input and headphone output act as antenna connectors. One pair is enough ;

Hmm not sure, I mostly use the OP-1 with headphones and could def tell the difference between having additional headphones plugged in the input, or not.

@lefilou Great ideas, I'm going to Mexico, so I should have a lot of fun with radio samples.

haha there you go!

Hmm not sure, I mostly use the OP-1 with headphones and could def tell the difference between having additional headphones plugged in the input, or not.

A spare 3.5mm aux cable should work just as well as a second set of headphones, right?

A spare 3.5mm aux cable should work just as well as a second set of headphones, right?

that’s what I use. that said, headphones are coiled, so somewhere in there a chance for better reception… if that matters to you

Fwiw I picked you’ll my aerial for £1 on eBay! Works fine.

I bought a TE antenna. A 3.5mm aux cable works better imo.

This is a great option! Works excellent as an antenna plus you’ll have the ability to sample audio directly from your phone, if desired.