Debut album on Phinery out today!

Hey ya;;

My debut album, which has a bit of OP1, with a lot of Ciat-Lonbarde and Little Deformer, dropped this morning, on the great tape label Phinery, outta Denmark!

https://phinery.bandcamp.com/album/canard
Digital only $4! great deal on the May batch of tapes too, cheers!

haha, very first track has the OP1 organ sample running throughout… was worried for a sec that it wasn’t OP1 enough, then remembered that…

I like it, it’s pleasant to listen, feels like some weird pixel art video game soundtrack :smiley:

Liking the sounds you’ve got going on with these tracks. I’m very much considering a SHBOB as a companion to the OP-1 and have been checking out Ciat-Lonbarde for a while now, what stuff of theirs are you using?

Liking the sounds you've got going on with these tracks. I'm very much considering a SHBOB as a companion to the OP-1 and have been checking out Ciat-Lonbarde for a while now, what stuff of theirs are you using?

Thanks! I think you mean a Shnth?

I used the Plumbutter drum machine on pretty much all of these, that’s be the main bass drum (Gongue) and static/clicks/cuts that are all over the tracks…

all effects (timestretching, reverb, chopping) was done on the gotharman little deformer, just fyi.

cheeers!

Ah yes, I mean’t Shnth! I figured it would pair well with the OP-1 for small ambient/noise gigs.

Thanks for the info, I really like what you’ve done with the Plumbutter & little deformer. I will look into the deformer a little more as I’d not heard of it before.

Well, the ‘line’ of synths the shnth comes from is known as Shbobo, I think that’s where you got convoluted…

I’m getting one in a trade soon, will let you know how I like - pretty esoteric patching interface, has thrown a lot of people a lot o curveballs…!

Ah, ok. I can see where I’ve got confused, thanks!

I’ve read up and watched a bunch of stuff about the two main programming sides. I can certainly see where/why there could be curveballs but I’m still curious as esoteric is often a plus point for me.

Having its own native language means its difficult to get a sense for these things so I’d be very interested to hear your opinions once you’ve spent some time with it.

Very cool sounds/textures. Good luck with the release dude. But now I’m gassing for Plumbutter and Deformer :confused: damn you :wink: