Op-1 Tape mode Beat markers have disappeared....

Ok so im pretty new to using this and somehow my beatmarkers on tapemode have disappeared and i have no idea how to get them back?

Check the Tempo Settings

Make sure the green is set to sync or beat match

2 Likes
Check the Tempo Settings

cheers for the quick reply! All fixed now thanks!

Additional tip: While having engaged beat-match use the white encoder to reduce the tape speed and clock tempo at the same rate. That’ll keep your loops always aligned to the markers no matter the speed. Unfortunately it’s quite coarse but for me it suffices.

Thanks Drew0k - I was going mad.

Check the Tempo Settings

Additional tip: While having engaged beat-match use the white encoder to reduce the tape speed and clock tempo at the same rate. That'll keep your loops always aligned to the markers no matter the speed. Unfortunately it's quite coarse but for me it suffices.

@crudeoperator If this works as you’ve outlined, this is a great tip! One thing that drives me nuts is changing the bpm on a new length of tape for a new loop, then trying to go back to an older track and trying to remember what BPM i’d recorded it at.

Recently I’ve just been leaving my BPM at the same setting to avoid this. Or just writing down a note on a bit of paper.

Or you can use the mic to voice in (record-speaking onto Tape) BPM and other song info ,if you are archiving or its important.

Additional tip: While having engaged beat-match use the white encoder to reduce the tape speed and clock tempo at the same rate. That’ll keep your loops always aligned to the markers no matter the speed. Unfortunately it’s quite coarse but for me it suffices.

@crudeoperator If this works as you’ve outlined, this is a great tip! One thing that drives me nuts is changing the bpm on a new length of tape for a new loop, then trying to go back to an older track and trying to remember what BPM i’d recorded it at.

Recently I’ve just been leaving my BPM at the same setting to avoid this. Or just writing down a note on a bit of paper.

Yeah I have a notebook just for op1 stuff. BPMs, track descriptions, sample sources, effects used, time stamps, etc. Helps so much, cause the op1 itself doesn’t give you much information, which is mostly a good thing.

A method I started using for different tape tempos is say my original tempo is 96 I’ll then use 116 or 126, 86 etc. keeping the same last number so it’s easier to remember.
When I back my tape up to my computer I always include the date & bpm(s) in the title.