Tape Record Not Working?

booted my op1 recently and realized that my melody line on track one appeared to be gone. maybe i lifted it or erased it and forgot (don’t think that’s the case)?

come to terms with it and started trying to rerecord it but when i hit record and play notes it takes me to the tape page. i hear the sound and see the signal indicator bouncing in time with the signal. the tape is lit up in red to indicate it’s ready to record but won’t? what am i missing? tried several reboots and still nothing

i feel like i probably hit some weird function on accident and it’s something simple but i can’t seem to figure it out.

UGH nevermind. i was being really stupid. somehow my tape start point got set to the very end of the tape. had to manually rewind and reset the start

UGH nevermind. i was being really stupid. somehow my tape start point got set to the very end of the tape. had to manually rewind and reset the start

That happened to me the very first time I tried to record something to tape. It started at the 6:00 mark instead of at 00:00…which I THINK they did to show you how much time you have on the tape

yeah i had a brain fart. at the time i was looking at it i just assumed that i was going to count backwards which seemed to make enough sense.

oh well.

i have a terrible memory and totally see this happening to me again.

although i have no idea how it happened in the first place as my only audio on track one ended at about the two minute mark.

Sometimes brainfarts lead to cool things, though.

I accidentally switched a synth engine once and got a better sound than the one I was trying to tweak in the first place.

Feed your brain beans!

if you find yourself at 6:00 again, just start recording in reverse (Shift-Rec then Shift-Play) and see where that leads…