OTO machines

Heyo … lots of biscuit fans here of course, great classic awesome little box.

How about the Delay and Reverb machines? I know VF has posted a bit about the delay.
Any big opinions on these? Somehow I don’t see them as being in biscuit league, but I would like hear what you think!

I’ll chime in a bit more about the BIM (delay). It’s really nice, has some great character. Biscuit is in line with the OP-1 as being a truly magic almost transcendent piece of gear. BIM while special, is still a delay, the tricks aren’t too fancy with this one. The best trick IMO is cranking the input gain and making it 100% wet signal with no delay. This way you crank the 12-bit converters before the output limiter and get some nice sounds. I don’t think its going to be as diverse or high-fi as a Strymon unit, but still nice and different fro the norm. I think the same can be said about the reverb, without having tried it. I think the BOUM compressor (save the best for last) will hopefully be on par with the Biscuit. I can imagine an OTO compressor would have some really neat tricks!

If anyone has tried the BIM and a Strymon Timeline or El Cap, would love to hear their opinions on the two.

Thanks for the thoughts VF, OTO is making it hard to resist. I used to own an Empress Super Delay , which was amazing, but I sold it a while back because it was too hard to justify the desk space for a dedicated delay. Looking for something just a little more versatile (biscuit like)… that or maybe a eurorack module that is petite.

Def looking forward to BOUM.

Thanks for the thoughts VF, OTO is making it hard to resist. I used to own an Empress Super Delay , which was amazing, but I sold it a while back because it was too hard to justify the desk space for a dedicated delay. Looking for something just a little more versatile (biscuit like).... that or maybe a eurorack module that is petite.

Def looking forward to BOUM.
Been thinking about eurorack just for effects! Rack with a compressor, reverb, delay, maybe a bit crusher, etc.

Big Oto fan here. Had the Biscuit for years, and absolutely love the Bim as well.

I sold my El Capistan shortly after getting the Bim. They’re different but the Bim is ultimately what I want. I always tried running the El Cap with settings to make it brighter and it never got there for me. Probably just the nature of the tape delay thing, but for me the filters in the Bim allow for much greater flexibility. El Cap also sums its delay to mono, which I didn’t want. The only thing I miss is using it 100% wet to get that flavor of distortion, but I have plenty of other options to get me in that territory.

The Bim is just amazing, so much mojo. I run it after the Biscuit in a stereo effects loop in my Octatrack and I feel I’ll be satisfied with this forever (though I’d certainly like to add the other two Oto boxes someday). Coupled with an EHX Deluxe Memory Man and the more sterile delays on my Elektrons and I have all the delay I desire.

The Bam sounds really great and would be the reverb I’d go for, as I feel the Oto products have a lot more vibe going on with them compared with the pure algorithms through convertors that the Eventide and Strymon stuff provides (not that they don’t sound awesome). I don’t use reverb enough to justify spending the money on it right now (the three types in the Octatrack are good enough for me), but if I ever have some extra cash I’ll certainly get one.

The Boum on the other hand, I will be all over once it comes out. I use the Biscuit’s filters constantly but don’t always want the 8-bit conversion (the added noise doesn’t always work so well on softer sounds). Based on the Biscuit and Bim I know it will be just what I want.

So yeah, Oto products are awesome. I’m really grateful such a company exists.

Really looking forward to the Boum as well

Yes, the Boum is the one i want. I can’t justify paying these prices for a reverb or a delay at the mo but for the Boum i am ready to spend!

i would buy them all in a heartbeat!

been wanting a biscuit since it was released!

@speckdrum Get one while they last. Best investment effect-wise i ever did.

Biscuit seems to be sold out

Been thinking about eurorack just for effects! Rack with a compressor, reverb, delay, maybe a bit crusher, etc.

I can’t rec eurorack enough – as eye opening and fun/different as getting the op1 was.
Just astonishingly, unbelievably, fantastically expensive. ahaha :smiley:

Biscuit seems to be sold out

Wow, that means officially no more Biscuits!

I can’t rec eurorack enough – as eye opening and fun/different as getting the op1 was.
Just astonishingly, unbelievably, fantastically expensive. ahaha :smiley:

Oh ya, emphasis on thinking about it lol, could never afford it, would just be cool!

Can’t believe biscuit is all gone! I’ve got the BIM (love it) and was saving to get one of the last biscuits - should have gotten them the other way around :frowning:

I was really thinking about getting one recently too.

There used to be a VST alternative … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVcpCswqCXA
But the guy took it offline because it was “too close” to what the Biscuit was and the fact he ripped the brand and look of device too.

I wonder if he’ll put it back online now that the original Biscuit is no longer available for sale :wink:

There is also a patch for the great axoloti available … well, not really an OTO but close to the OTTO plugin …

http://community.axoloti.com/t/oto-biscuit-rebuild-in-axoloti/1230/18

^ way beyond my capabilities :stuck_out_tongue: a plugin would be nice :wink:

Can't believe biscuit is all gone! I've got the BIM (love it) and was saving to get one of the last biscuits - should have gotten them the other way around :(
There's a new one on eBay from Big City music. Might be able to find a couple odd last new ones at dealers.

Thanks for the tip, they have some new old stock at Big City just wrong country!- by the time I get shipping and tax it’s over $890 which is just too much (bet I pay twice that 2 years from now!) cheers paul