OpLab > Analog Synth not working :(

Hello!

Got a OPLab but I’ve been struggling to make it sing with my Doepfer Dark Energy I.

When I use the Op-1 to control the DE-1 (Mode 2, CV1 connecting to the VCO F, no Gate In connection) everything works fine: I have a sequence with pitch recognition.

However, when I connect the Octatrack to the OPlab MIDI Input, things become weird: cannot pitch-sequence with the CV1 to VCO F, and I only get sound when I trig the CV1 > Gate In, but without pitch, only the sequence. I’m into Mode 0 (which appears to be conceptualy the correct one), but I’ve turned all the wheel and nothing happens.

I’m really frustrated, because this connection appears to be really basic. Someome have an idea? :slight_smile:

make sure you have both the CV and the Gate hooked up. I have successfully gotten both Gate and CV to work between the OP-1 and my Korg Mono/poly using the OpLab on mode 0, so it’s definitely possible. I find that I have to power cycle the OP-1 after plugging it into the OpLab to get it to send MIDI signals, but I have no experience with the Octatrack. Good luck!

@borden thanks! :slight_smile: I´ll try tonite. Indeed, it´s interesting that you mentioned the power cycle of OP-1 - first time that I connected it to the OpLab and erased the tapes, it restarted a lot of times. Never happened before, weird. Maybe it received something from the OpLab?

Hmm. It sounds sort of like your might be haunted. Spooky stuff!

<span style=“color: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>Hi all,<div style=“margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 13px; font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(37, 38, 30); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>
<div style=“margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 13px; font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(37, 38, 30); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>I have a Moog Mother 32, iConnectMidi4+ and an OP-1 - I have connected everything up and am receiving midi signals from the Moog on my OP-1.<div style=“margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 13px; font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(37, 38, 30); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>When I press a key on the OP-1, The Midi-in lights up on the Moog. However, I am unable to get the Moog sound output on to the OP-1. I want to further manipulate the Moog sounds with the OP-1 synth engines… Is this possible?

Make sure the line-in is enabled using the button at the top right of your op1