Faulty PO-20 Arcade. Anyone had anything like this?

edited March 2016 in Pocket Operators
Hi,

I just got around to trying out the Arcade (bought as a present at launch) and it seems to be pretty faulty.

After inserting batteries, the unit looks to be fine. It will give off a loud hiss as if the on-board speaker is working, then I hit PLAY and nothing. The readout/LED's show that the unit is playing, and I get a brief hit of sound, but then nothing. The volume was up enough to chuck out audio.

I then tried some other batteries and connected it to my amp. The unit played for about 20 seconds, then seemed to hard lock?. Now the 2 button is on and nothing else is functioning.

I put together a little video:

I've just contacted TE about getting it swapped out, as something is very wrong here.

cheers

Sam

Comments

• Are you using rechargeable batteries by any chance? The POs directly use the battery voltage for the system and a 2.5 V low drop regulator for the codec (credit to @Punji for this information). This will not work when using rechargeables at their nominal 2.4 Voltage - freshly charged ones having 2.6+ V may work for a short duration. This could be in line with your observations.

• Seems like a fault codec... You may check the battery voltage with Sound+Bpm (100 is full).
  • edited November 2016
    I hit Sound + pattern by mistake and it flashes OFF on the screen and activates the metronome (OP-20)
    Not sure what that does tho

Edit: its to set the time