PO videos

edited February 2016 in Pocket Operators
Thought it would be a good idea to throw yours or anyone else's Pocket Operator videos in the one thread!

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Good idea! 

Adding my PO videos so far:

• Here's my latest one - a live version of Rob Hubbard's "Commando High Score" for the Commodore 64:

• My variant of Front 242's "Headhunter"

• My son's version of Kygo's "Firestone"

• ...and my son's PO-12 Tutorial:

• Woah! Amazing. Your son! Excellent
  • hudson said:

Woah! Amazing. Your son! Excellent

I did another one yesterday actually - Hubbard's C64 version of "Delta" from 1987:

• How do you get around covering tracks with black keys?
  • hudson said:

How do you get around covering tracks with black keys?

It takes careful planning :) I have empty patterns running on the PO-16, with only the "raise halfstep" FX applied on certain steps. So it is kind of a challenge when the buttons' note jumps around :)
  • So, if I program in a sequence on my factory which has sharp/flat notes, just throw it in as the next white key down and apply the half step raise to the step?
  • Are you serious with that Delta track? It is too good. Amazing skills man. Well done.
  • hudson said:

So, if I program in a sequence on my factory which has sharp/flat notes, just throw it in as the next white key down and apply the half step raise to the step?

Yup, pretty much so. But since you can't just "apply" it you have to record the FX in realtime. 
  • hudson said:

Are you serious with that Delta track? It is too good. Amazing skills man. Well done.

• hudson said:

Are you serious with that Delta track? It is too good. Amazing skills man. Well done.

X2!  This is just bloody amazing!!!
  • Which effect is the half step raise?
  • hudson said:

I did another one yesterday actually - Hubbard's C64 version of "Delta" from 1987:

That is insane! That lead finger work on the Robot! :O Great job man.
  • @tubesockor First, amaziing work!

Do you have these tracks on soundcloud?
  • petsounds said:

hudson said:

That is insane! That lead finger work on the Robot! :O Great job man.
    Thanks! :) 
  • hudson said:

Which effect is the half step raise?

It is <style> + 15
  • steveoath said:

@tubesockor First, amaziing work!

Do you have these tracks on soundcloud?

Thank you! No, not on soundcloud - didn't think of that actually. Maybe I should? :)
  • Pocket Operator n00b playing "Mongoloid" by Devo.

• edited March 2016
    ^ haha, so cool!

I made a couple over the weekend:

PO-12 sync with nanoloop 2.7.8 on a Game Boy Micro

PO-12 solo beat track:

• Really neat @pselodux, love the Game Boy impro!

Sound/video quality is top notch IMHO, would you mind sharing your recording setup?
  • Thanks @krautaren!

Recording setup is literally just what you see there, with the game boy and PO-12 running into a little Behringer mixer; I think the only post-processing I did was a bit of a limiter/normalisation on the mix.

The camera is a Fujifilm X20, borrowed from my girlfriend since I don't have a camera that can do HD video.. I may need to get one of my own, it's pretty great!

TE actually sent me a PO-20 for making these videos, so I think a PO-12/PO-20/game boy sync jam may end up happening soon..
  • Two more... 

• haha, those are some fun interpretations! I need to work on some covers on my POs.

Here's my latest:

• My first try - based on Giana Sisters Boss-Stage music from C-64:

• oh god those cases. so sexy.
  • So nasty. I love it!
    I'm always impressed with longer PO jams like this. Well played borjadeu.
  • Here's a sequence I recorded a while back. Love the effects! 

• In the air tonight - PO edition.

• Fantastic @krautaren. Love it.

CB

• Is this anyone on here? Great job whoever you are!