Will my PO's sync with my Novation Circuit?

The Circuit has 3.5mm Midi in/out jack connections, but I tried it last and I couldn’t get it to sync up. Is this because the circuit is strictly midi and the PO’s just fire off a pulse clock thingy I.e no midi?

Thanks

hm yeah, the circuit sends midi data out of those connections, not a sync pulse. Do you have any volca or electribe 2? you could put that in between.

That’s right the Circuit is midi only. As AA_ says a Volca will take midi and convert it or you can use a DAW to make a click track.

I don’t like using a computer and don’t have a Volca so I made up a little circuit to convert midi to PO sync…

Ooooh want!

I just ran a cord out of the Circuit’s headphone jack into the PO’s (I have Arcade and Robot) and it synced right up.

Oh really?

@johnnylarock I tried again, but it would sync. I can hear the Circuit through the PO, but set the PO with Play button active, it does not start when I press play on Circuit.

Hmm. I am not sure. I wasn’t able to start the PO with the Circuit, only have them stay synced tempo wise. You may be trying to do something more complex than I was.

The only other answer besides midi to sync is the old school way of setting them both to the exact same BPM and hitting start on time.

The only other answer besides midi to sync is the old school way of setting them both to the exact same BPM and hitting start on time.

But that requires timing, what do you take us for, musicians?!

this looks like a nice one w/o any external power needed

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIDI-to-Clock-for-analog-sequencers-modulars-SH-101-etc-/160524888680?hash=item2560076a68:m:mPLu7W-QopTi7TpFc2kA9hw