How to silence internal synths?

Apologies in advance for the noob question, have done some research but no luck :frowning:

I am using the OP-1 to sequence external gear via midi and then routing it back into the OP-1 input so that I can record to tape, how do I turn off the internal synth engine so that I can play the keys and sequencers and only hear the sounds coming externally to the input?

Thanks!

One solution could be to use a sampler synth and simply lower the volume of the waveform (orange knob iirc).

I think that would be shift and COM and select CTRL mode. Button 2 I think.

One solution could be to use a sampler synth and simply lower the volume of the waveform (orange knob iirc).

Many thanks LD - perfect!!

I usually just set the envelope of a synth with max attack and no sustain, the voice never sounds that way if the gate is short enough.
Probs best to use the sampler trick that LyingDalai suggested if you are holding the note for bars!

@daninski you would loose the opportunity to record the input in the Tape, I believe.

I usually just set the envelope of a synth with max attack and no sustain, the voice never sounds that way if the gate is short enough.
Probs best to use the sampler trick that LyingDalai suggested if you are holding the note for bars!

Thanks - also a good option!

I really think they should make an ‘input’ machine that also has access to effects, it seems I have to use the master effect, then re-record to another tape layer…

I have a preset called “empty” (which is – well, empty) both in the drum sampler and the synth sampler that I select when sequencing external stuff…

I have a preset called "empty" (which is – well, empty) both in the drum sampler and the synth sampler that I select when sequencing external stuff...

Me too…

@insidestraight yeah an input machine would be great, there are workarounds as usual with this amazing device but it would definitely reduce the steps needed to get what you want!

Stick a plug in the output jack? :slight_smile:

CB