Is there a way to tune the OP-1 ? Or : Why does a G play when I hit the C key ?

Hi,

I’m the happy owner of an OP-1 for a couple of weeks now and every day i find it more amazing. So I read the guides (V1 and V2 - one nevers reads too much), watched a couple a video tutorials, and above all I experiment a lot with it. However there is a thing that I can’t figure out : it seems to be out of tune, or more precisely, in the tonality of G, meaning the C key plays a G. It’s not really bothering me in itself, as it’s only a matter of transposition, but as I try to jam with my guitar I find it more challenging.

Any idea if there is a way to chose the tonality of the OP-1 ?

Thanks for your help !

You can change the tuning by pressing the shift key and the metronome key :slight_smile:

I was pretty sure the answer was obvious :slight_smile:
Thanks !

If you talk about direct sampling, the key you push to start the recording matters !

I don’t remember how much is the gap, this has to be tested, but the idea is if you record with the key of F, when played the sample from key C will be something else (depending of the default root note of OP-1, which may be C but I am not sure).

Please do some tests, and get the results here so that everyone can benefit of this knowledge :slight_smile:

^ I’d like to know too. I plan on doing a lot of preset sampling in the future.

If you hold F to sample, and play an F on your sample source, then the instrument will be perfectly mapped.

@ghostly606 Really ? This simple/logic ? It seemed to me there was some kind of oddity…

I just tried it. :slight_smile:

@artsun does it behave like this for your synths too, or just your samples you create?

OK @ghostly606, I believe you.

Almost totally :wink:

@artsun does it behave like this for your synths too, or just your samples you create?

No I was just talking about playing the synths, I didn’t go too far with sampling yet !

I’ve noticed it happens with the dsynth sometimes, and sometimes even the FM synth if the parameters are especially weird.

Oh yes,those two synths do detune a lot.