Noise appearing on higher feedback of fx

Hi. I have just noticed that my op1 makes some weird noise which sounds like electricity noise but louder. It happens mostly when I increase the amount of feedback on my effects like grid or cwo. And also when I put that filter which is like a racing car on master the noise appears on different levels of resonance. And it seriously affects the sound. And the pitch of the noise is affected by the amount of resonance. The thing is I have accidentally dropped it today very unfortunately. And started noticing it afterwards. I am pretty new to using op1 and I did not have much time to notice all the nuances of its sound before. And the other thing is that that resonance and those feedbacks are controlled by the white knob. So I am thinking that may be it coulb somehow connected with the op1’s fall which coul affect something with that knob. And that sound does not appear when using the delay effect. Can anybody share your thoughts on this? Sid anybody notice something like this with your op1 or the reason is thatI dropped it?

Hi @Slasman_Makocic ,Forgive my lack of accent ,Im using an iPod and can’t type them.
Check your Drive in Master section is zero’d as this drives up noise lots. Yes I have noticed noise with those effects under certain conditions.(High volume monitor levels with high Drive).

Seriously affects the sound? I’m not sure i could describe it as that though.

Yes. The drive is at 0 position. I still haven’t checked itf that sound get recorded to tape. But I am happy to know that you hear it too. In that nitro filter resonance really makes noise as loud as the sound itself. I am going to check now if it is or it is not getting recorded to tape.

Microphone On ?

Yes. The drive is at 0 position. I still haven't checked itf that sound get recorded to tape. But I am happy to know that you hear it too. In that nitro filter resonance really makes noise as loud as the sound itself. I am going to check now if it is or it is not getting recorded to tape.

all of the effects are low resolution. when you up the feedback to max, as any feedback process, you get noise. nitro, grid, and the spring are all horrible for quantisation noise. once you’re past being annoyed with it, the effects are quite useful. the fact that you don’t get the traditional controls means you can get unexpected sounds out of them. enjoy.

1 Like