Is OP-1 with lanchpad or midifighter possible?

Hello!

I am now a proud member of the OP-1 cult after coming from chiptune, and I’ve been working hard and having fun making new tracks!

I have a question regarding midi input.

If I were to take a device such as the Midifighter or Novation Launchpad, would it work without requiring the use of the OPLab?

I’m looking to do this because although Endless is very useful, it gets very hard to get the exact beat sometimes and pattern mode can only do so much at one time.

Thanks!
-Sam

https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1578/the-definitive-guide-to-trying-to-connect-your-op-1-via-usb-midi#latest

Hey Sam, welcome!

Welcome Sam to the best cult of cults!

The above link is perfect for you. The answer is no, you would need an OPLab or one of the other devices mentioned. Or you can just do the MIDI routing with your computer.

If you are having timing issues with Endless, remember you can skip to the start of a bar while the tape is stopped, hold record and then hit a key, the tape starts recording right in time with your tune. Or, improve your timing! :P My timing is hopeless so I use that all the time.

If you are having timing issues with Endless, remember you can skip to the start of a bar while the tape is stopped, hold record and then hit a key, the tape starts recording right in time with your tune. Or, improve your timing! :P My timing is hopeless so I use that all the time.

Oh no it’s not that, I only record that way haha :stuck_out_tongue:

The issue is just a matter of inputting where certain notes in the sequence will go. It gets hard to remember where you placed what.

https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1578/the-definitive-guide-to-trying-to-connect-your-op-1-via-usb-midi#latest

Hey Sam, welcome!

Thank you for showing me! I think I may just stick with dealing with Endless as I’m very broke after buying an $850 device :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi @Nanode.
You must check finger indetail if have not yet.Great seq with much jammability between both fingers.2 notes a finger,so 4 notes at once.Set right finger patterns to odd numbers for much variation.Set Shift/Green to Join.
Double tempo if that suits your style.

Set right finger patterns to odd numbers for much variation.

???

Polyrhythms.
Set up 4 bars of root note octave arps for left finger.(make variations).Make right finger patterns of chord notes or melodic type octave arps ,but with odd number of steps -31 ,25 or 20 steps.Try Fibanacci sequencers.(Again, make variations for right finger).

With octaves, go mad and random octave jumps,maybe.