NAMM 2016, who's going? What's on the radar?

Hello,

I’m planning on going to NAMM 2016 this january.
Anyone else planning on coming?
I want to find some interesting people to interview about their passion for making great instruments and sound stuff.
Anyone know of something that I should keep an eye out for in particular?

It’s my 40th in January and was trying to convince the wife that we should get away from Scotland and hit California so I can go to NAMM.

Sadly, she wasn’t convinced.

Hope you have a great time there. I’m mighty jealous!
Would love to get to NAMM someday.

There’s a lot of rumours flying around about Native Instruments announcing something at January’s NAMM.

With Ableton Push2 incorporating better slicing (which was Maschine’s forte or selling point) it will be interesting to see if NI have a “touche!” up their sleeve.
There's a lot of rumours flying around about Native Instruments announcing something at January's NAMM.
With Ableton Push2 incorporating better slicing (which was Maschine's forte or selling point) it will be interesting to see if NI have a "touche!" up their sleeve.

NI doesn’t show at NAMM, so I doubt they will announce anything around that time. But one never knows! @cuckoo I will be there, but I’m just a retail buyer. You wouldn’t want to interview me ; )

I’m hoping I can go, having a few ways to go. Pioneer will be hosting some sort of DJ battle and the guy hosting it wants me to stream it live. Rumor has it that Roland will come out with an end-all sampler. We’ll see.

I’m planning on going again :slight_smile:

Rumor has it that Roland will come out with an end-all sampler. We'll see.

Saw that earlier today. The rumor comes from a source who also got it right with a rumor on the MPC Touch. So it’s particularly intriguing. Intriguing enough for me to postpone my plan to buy an Analog Rytm during these crazy winter sales. It’ll be a frustrating 2 month wait to see if the rumor pans out, but buyer’s remorse is even more frustrating.

^^ Elektron stuff holds its value well and so any "buyer's remorse" unlikely to be too dramatic.

Have been used to Roland dropping the ball so many times, good to see someone making some good decisions for them of late. JU06 due in the mail today! Is this the place for a NAMM rumours thread?

Is this the place for a NAMM rumours thread?

:nods:

I’m going to try and make it out.

Cool. Keep it flowing. I haven’t been up to date on stuff, since this animated short is taking most of my time. But I went to the Elektron HQ yesterday to say hello. They’re expanding, so it was clear to me that they look at the future really seriously. I think NAMM will be the place for Overbridge to finally hit the “all-in” state. I wouldn’t hold my breath for other Elektron announcements though. But they do have new feature rich updates for the Analog series on the close horizon. If they’ll keep it for NAMM I don’t know. Perhaps earlier?

Teenage has kept unusually quiet this year, hasn’t they? I spoke to one of them earlier this year and asked him what he was working on. He said “I can’t talk about it!” wich is the best answer in the world. It means they’re up to something! For NAMM, I don’t know. But they’re not standing still! :slight_smile:

He said "I can't talk about it!" wich is the best answer in the world. It means they're up to something!

Awesome! Can’t wait to hear what they’ve got cooking :slight_smile:

Hi @cuckoo ,I cant wait to hear you or see a vid of you at namm. TE ofcorse,its got to be update due by then.

I am hi jacking this thread though to say I am excited you are doing more live gigs hopefully.This could be major for you ,you need a great agent coz there is cities all over the word where people know you.And those that dont will get to know you quick.
We have some great atmosphere in clubs in Liverpool but not everyone travels to these smaller cities,but I would like to see you do some of those impros ,especially on OP1 -your tunes tend to sound best on that (for me) when you pitch drum seqs and just rip about generally.Perform some set songs too (on OT),sure, but I feel it would be nice to hear your voice lots,like when you think out aloud and just sample the radio an make a track.That type of stuff.DJs and club sets sometimes take it too serious and it would be nice to see you with this laid back approach.
I bet you wish you had two of you so you could perform together easily :slight_smile:
I did like that Dataline impro set btw and the sounds on AKeys too.
Loving your vids.

Roland is rumoured to have a new sampler. TE is due for an OP-1 update, maybe the rumoured two new PO’s, and and new “big” hardware has also been rumoured. Elektron will probably just have more Overbridge. Hopefully 1.1 will be out by then and they will preview some of the final features they had promised. Pretty sure Native Instruments doesn’t do NAMM but a new Komplete and Maschine seems due. Akai released their “only the beginning” touch controller. Maybe we will see a new standalone from akai? Anything I’m missing?

(…) new “big” hardware has also been rumoured. (…)

What can this be? Ouhwhouwhou ! Exciting !

http://www.matrixsynth.com/2015/12/and-first-namm-rumor-for-2016-is.html

I just bought tickets to LA. Yeey! Now there’s definitely gonna be coverage from me!

Hi Cuckoo - Great job on all of your tutorials, live workshops & music video remixes. Looking forward to your NAMM 2016 coverage! Have you checked out Social Entropy Engine sequencer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z41PCH06xc

Guess it was introduced last year but only recently available to the public. I especially like the 2 midi out ports and polyphonic sequencing!! Definitely on my radar as well as dominion 1:)

Cheers!

Hi Cuckoo - Great job on all of your tutorials, live workshops & music video remixes. Looking forward to your NAMM 2016 coverage! Have you checked out Social Entropy Engine sequencer?

Guess it was introduced last year but only recently available to the public. I especially like the 2 midi out ports and polyphonic sequencing!! Definitely on my radar as well as dominion 1:)

Cheers!

Thanks mate! That does look pretty great. Definitely gonna keep an eye out for that.

Rumours that seem cool:

Korg/Arp 2600
Arturia Matrix Brute
Via: http://www.matrixsynth.com/2015/12/and-second-namm-rumor-of-2016-is.html