One Man Hype Machine

Dear community.

I’ve had a full album of mobile-based music in the oven for months now. Lots of OP-1, and plenty of iOS treatments.

I hope to have this out before Spring of 2016; giving myself some buffer to massage a LOT of tape files into a cohesive album.

In the interim, I put a teaser spot up on Instagram. This is 100% OP-1. Please peep if you would be so kind.

https://instagram.com/p/-YQHEZmWBJ/

The track bounces, but I anticipate the album will swing from pole to pole, delivering equal doses of minimalist ambient & the real fucking boom bap.

Please chime in. I hold the highest regard for the Operator-1 forum community, and share in your mania.

@unflattered Like what you’ve done so far, its got an older flavour to it that I can get into. I haven’t really done much sample stuff with the OP-1 yet but its certainly on my to-do list.

@unflattered Like what you've done so far, its got an older flavour to it that I can get into. I haven't really done much sample stuff with the OP-1 yet but its certainly on my to-do list.

Thanks. The beats are all built up from the ground up w/ Patterning on iOS, along w/ the scratches, which I executed w/ Baby Scratch (iOS).

Sorry, no. I sliced drums into OP, then sequenced. Then loaded those homebrew scratches & etc.

@unflattered Cool use of a iOS/OP-1 combo, its always interested to know how people use their gear! I think the home-brew element adds character.