Hoping there are a good number of AFX fans on this forum. That guy got me into electronic music and inevitably making it!!
For this battle you can have a go at covering or remixing an Aphex Twin track of your choice using only the OP-1's synth engines and the samples RDJ used for the particular track you choose.
You can either try to recreate a track in its entirety, trying to stay as close to the original as possible or you can use some of the track's melodies/sounds and create your own version as a remix. You don't have to copy the track note for note, just have an essence of the original.
I thought this would be a great challenge to get everyone thinking about sound design and beat/melody writing.
Will allow the use of any midi files you can find on the net that people have already transcribed.
Or you can have a go at transcribing drums/melodies yourself.
- Everything to be mixed in the OP-1 and recorded to Album as usual.
- No outboard gear to be used for synthesis or fx.
- Can use onboard microphone or line in mic to record anything foley you think RDJ would have used.
- Only use of outboard gear is for sequencing / piping midi into the OP-1.
- Re-sampling within the OP-1 is allowed.
- No use of OP-1 drum presets allowed, just D-Box and drums sampled by RDJ.
- All fx and all synth engines can be used.
- Bonus points for someone drawing the Aphex Twin logo in sketch! :P
Setting the deadline for entries on 16th October