Who's going to Knobcon?

Its the big synth convention in Chicago this weekend, and its going to be excellent. 

How many OP-1s are going to be floating around? We should all get together and build a Jenga tower out of them! Or we could jam. Either one.

Comments

• edited September 2015
    If I could be there I would. Probably more down to jam than jenga though...
    I want to set something like this up in Western Canada someday. Just gotta build up the synth community first.
    We have a synth museum just a few hours away with TONNES of vintage goodies you can rent for a time.
    Could make a Canadian Knobcon/Stekker festival...
  • picoVolt said:

If I could be there I would. Probably more down to jam than jenga though...
    I want to set something like this up in Western Canada someday. Just gotta build up the synth community first.
    We have a synth museum just a few hours away with TONNES of vintage goodies you can rent for a time.
    Could make a Canadian Knobcon/Stekker festival...

Are you talking about the synth museum in Calgary? Always wanted to check it out. Didnt know you could rent stuff!
  • Totally. I didn't know you could rent either till recently.

Definitely can't pull out a lot of the massive/rare modular stuff, but LOTS of vintage kit listed on there for renting/use in provided studios.

Might be able to work a deal in renting some for off location stuff like a synth meet/festival/convention to promote synthesizer knowledge/fun.
  • First time I hear about the event. I almost decided to go there Saturday, but then realized that it would only be worth the travel time if I was there for the whole two days. Looking forwards for some videos, though.