Post your latest purchase (audio related)

Post your latest audio related purchase, be it an app, synth, instrument, amp, pick, headphones, etc, etc…

Got myself a Shruthi-1 SMR mkII, I am very curious on how the OP-1 will sound through its filter.
2 Likes

GHS Precision Flats flatwound bass strings for my Ibanez GWB35 fretless 5-string.

1 Like

Very happy with my Kensington mobile lite, backs up the OP-1 like a dream! Still have to use op-1 line out with iRig to get audio online without PC, i’ll trial that later.

just bought an H6 with xlr adapter.

just ordered the korg sdd 3000 pedal

Think it was the Volca Bass. A very decent 303 replacement in my estimation.

Werkstatt. It sounds very good and is great op-1 food. It’s pretty limited though. If I could have played with it first, I might have saved for a sub phatty. Otoh, it can be modded very easily and it’s probably the smallest moog ever made, which is very nice. Once I get a gate and midi modded on to it, it’ll make me happy. I’d also like a real input as well.

I hope moog continue with that idea, the old Radio Shack Realistic Moog was a corker for instance… You know something entry level (both in money and synthxpertise) and fun. Imagine if one of those little toy keyboards had the rumbling bass of a Taurus! Instant bass addicted kids!

went through heavy retail therapy: Strymon Big Sky…
that thing is huge and can be almost considered a synth (if you feed it with some kind of audio signal). barely scratched the surface of it’s functionality… price is eye watering though

@KrisM how you liking those strings?.. was about to dust off my bass

very smooth to the touch and fairly bright for flats @tasmansea. And not psychotic on the tension either. i got them from bassstringsonline.com and BSO is well-liked on TalkBass. i want to say they offer reasonable international shipping too, iirc from a thread.

@tasmansea Big Sky is great right!

<div class="Meta CommentMeta CommentInfo">
        <span class="MItem DateCreated">
           <a href="http://operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/1401/#Comment_1401" class="Permalink" name="Item_7" rel="nofollow"><time title="July 14, 2014  6:42PM" datetime="2014-07-15T01:42:32+00:00"></time></a></span><span class="MItem IPAddress"></span></div>

There are so many strymons I want. Big sky is at the top of my list with the timeline. Nice.

Casio VA-10 - one of Casio’s countless less-than-pro keyboards. This one has an effects processor.

OG Nord Drum for a 100 USD bones. Retailers are shipping the Werkstatt already? Or did you get an early batch?

Werkstatt. It sounds very good and is great op-1 food. It's pretty limited though. If I could have played with it first, I might have saved for a sub phatty. Otoh, it can be modded very easily and it's probably the smallest moog ever made, which is very nice. Once I get a gate and midi modded on to it, it'll make me happy. I'd also like a real input as well.

@Kites yeah, they’re shipping. I got #64, so it may be early. The nord drum sounds really good and cheaper than a volca, you can’t beat that!

The nord drum reminds me of my Apple G4Cube (pre turn of the century) I marvelled at how tiny and clean it was, then realised, everything would have to be external, the CD burner, the Zip drive, the scanner, the massive monitor, mouse, keyboard, and printer! It all took up such a huge desk it was ridiculous (mainly the big ass monitors fault). I’m scarred for life, so the nord, alas, cannot be for me.

@jbl it kills me they didn’t make a ground line on the CV header pins! I find it annoying to have to gator clip something on.

you driving the werkstatt via the OPLab or something like a A4?

Considering the ND1 doesn’t sell anywhere else for that price again, I hope to sell the ND1 for at least double the amount in the future.

Nah, I haven’t controlled it yet. I will probably use microbrute but I need to make a ground solution first (sigh). I’m going back to the states in a few weeks for a visit, I’ll pick up some stuff from RadioShack then.

@Lushr, what’s up with Zip drive and CD burner and the ND1? I’m confused. Really with the iConnect midi, op-1 and the ND1 you have a 1man band.
I got a sp-808 and a zip driver though. I never use it, lol.

No I was making a late nineties analogy! Don’t mind me! I was looking at Nd2