UNDO in tape mode

Hello. it’s possible can UNDO the recording tape mode?

nope. make a safety copy of what you need just in case is the closest…

When I’m heavily manipulate ing audio I’ll hold a clean copy in the drum sampler.

What flybry said, lift the section, put it back down in the same place, then put it down again in an unoccupied region of the tape for safe keeping.

It’s “virtual tape”. Meaning it behaves like tape. So overdubs are permanent, as a few people pointed out.

I usually leave track 4 empty and just throw all my cuts onto that for safe keeping whilst working with Tracks 1-3.

I have yet to figure out how to undo a single track with the 4 track recorder. Like when I mess up a take and want to do the whole track over again? Surely one can do this and not have to wipe all the other tracks clean too?

@mykadamz You need to select the track you want to redo, highlight the tape section with the blue knob and hit the arrow UP button above the record button, aka Lift

undo in tape mode (without lifting and dropping) would be a great feature! maybe it could be added in a future update.

Snap on this. Safety net of one level undo would be killer. Tape makes me kinda nervous when editing/dubbing.

Snap on this. Safety net of one level undo would be killer. Tape makes me kinda nervous when editing/dubbing.

The main reason I’m still reluctant to use tape on a regular basis is the lack of undo. And the magic of ‘hit or miss in one attempt’ in my case is not very inviting…

Why not lift -> drop -> drop. Then do overdubs on the second drop. If you don’t get on the first attempt, drop again and try it over. I do this to also build up parts when 4 tracks isn’t enough to capture all the parts I want.