Lift & Drop Bug (Sampler Engine)

Can you verify and recreate this error?

1. switch to synth mode
2. load any sampler instance on any of the 8 slots
3. lift this sampler instance and drop it on any of the 8 slots (only when there is no other Sampler instance already) then should happen 4
4. op-1 crashes with error message below - you need to restart it to use again

i had this error only on slot 3, then i formated and reinstalled the firmware to fix this.
saddly after i did this now this bug appears on ALL of the 8 slots.

Update:
05/16
In the Beta 076 it looks like that its gone now.

I didn’t run through the procedure, but I often (always?) get crashes when lifting a sampler slot and dropping it onto a synth slot. I have made a habit of loading a synth sampler preset before dropping.

“i had this error only on slot 3, then i formated and reinstalled the firmware to fix this. saddly after i did this now this bug appears on ALL of the 8 slots.”

Well if it spreads when you format and reinstall the firmware I’m definitely not going to try and replicate it >.>

I imagine TE just didn’t think that someone would try a lift/drop from a sampler preset to a synth preset.

Have you tried to do a factory reset as well as format and then a reinstall?

I didn't run through the procedure, but I often (always?) get crashes when lifting a sampler slot and dropping it onto a synth slot. I have made a habit of loading a synth sampler preset before dropping.

thats the same thing i think

Have you tried to do a factory reset as well as format and then a reinstall?

yes i did. :frowning:

I already reported this bug to TE, and they confirmed it.

If you want to lift/drop a sampler instrument to another slot, make sure the destination slot contained a sampler instrument in the past (since last reset). Best workaround is to initially load a sampler preset into all 8 slots, so the crash will not happen anymore (or at least until the next factory reset).

New Beta Version fixed it finaly!

Damn! I was working on a track for the current battle, as I just kinda hit that old bug again.

If you dare, you can reproduce that bug [WARNING! Your data will get lost!]

1) make a factory reset (backup any of your precious data first!)
2) go to SYNTH mode
3) select slot 8 (SAMPLER preset “SUITCASE”)
4) press LIFT
5) go to any other slot 1-7… let’s say 7
6) press DROP to copy slot 8 to 7
7) press and hold slot key 7 to save snapshot
8) Witness the crash.
9) Reboot and witness another crash. Repeat step 9 as long as you like, or just go to step 10.
10) Do a factory reset to get the OP-1 working again.

To prevent this bug from happening, you can once preload all slots with a SAMPLER instance after each factory reset. The crash only happens when you lift/drop one slot with a sampler instance to a slot that never has been loaded with a sampler instance before.

I already contacted TE and sent a bug report.

Just experienced this nasty bug and lost all my Data. Fck. OS is R.00225 and TE-BOOT v2.1.3 in the COM-Key-Boot-Screen.