Hello! Sorry for taking so long! The weekend got me
Lately I've been listening a lot to this brazilian guy called Psilosamples (
) who makes really awesome (IMO) remixes of "traditional" songs. I think the OP-1 can be used to make some nice remixes as well.
So the rules are:
- choose a song that uses traditional elements from where you are from or a place you identify yourself with...
- you can use any synth engine, all the stock drumkits and any FX.
- you can't use the radio.
- you can't use the microphone, with one exception:
- you should make ONE field recording, for example nature sounds (wind, ocean, walking on grass, etc), city sounds (traffic, bikes, people walking, etc), and use it in your remix. no limits on the length of this recording.
- you can't use other devices to slice the song or anything, only play it back and sample it with the op-1. you should use the tape, album or sampling to synth/drum. but of course you can split the stereo signal to get some elements of the original song.
- record to album as always
- post a link to the original song together with the remix and tell us about the field recording
That's it, I believe July 13 is a good deadline, what do you think?
Any questions please ask.