iConnectAUDIO4+ reviews

Just wondering about the quality of the preamps and conversion. I’ve sold my RME UFX (to much options/channels for me) but would like to have good conversion as preamps.

Thank’s if you have some thought to share.

Oh man I would’ve totally traded my iCA4+ for your RME HAHA.

Currently, I’m having issues with my interface and and iConnectivy has been sending me one email per day for almost a week now without any results. The preamps are fine, but atm, you can only have 2 chanels inputs run into an iPad because of “iOS” issues…

I’m pretty disappointed, but I’m hoping something gets resolved.

Got this RME for 1940$ CAN sold for 1875$ didn’t loose much money :wink: Got a used FF800 8 years ago for 1400$ sold for the same price, then bought a used baby face - sold, rebought - resold then the UFX. Luckily I think that I’ve paid at most 100$ for having RME gear in 8 years for now realizing that it was overkill.

Anyway, thank’s for your review.

I do think I’ll go with steinberg products UR 44 as it seems to be close to RME sound quality without the price tag.

Oh man I would've totally traded my iCA4+ for your RME HAHA.

Currently, I’m having issues with my interface and and iConnectivy has been sending me one email per day for almost a week now without any results. The preamps are fine, but atm, you can only have 2 chanels inputs run into an iPad because of “iOS” issues…

I’m pretty disappointed, but I’m hoping something gets resolved.

Thanks for the feedback, looks like a great device almost too good to be true! Hope they sort it out!

I bought a demo unit, as a result the included lightning cable may be defected after support from iConnectivity. I’ve been able to have a few good sessions if I don’t mess with the cable and I’ve noticed my tracking into Live 9 to be really nice to my ears. I’ve got my analog / digital modular system running into a Strymon Deco, straight into it’s stereo inputs. The Deco sanwhiches bouncing / ping pong tape delays with some warble and warm compression that goes into two of the iCA4+ preamps. The results on Live 9 are pretty clean and transparent with no audible noise.

Also the ability to track simultaneously with Live on my Mac Pro and Cubasis on my iPad Air is really amazing. Plus, swapping recordings back and fourth through USB adds to its innovtion. I would consider getting another for a total of 8 inputs, but I might just stick with a patch bay instead.

There’s still a lot to cover and hopefully I’ll get my cables swapped soon. :confused: