Iconnect Midi4+ + op-1

Hello friends,

im a new user of the forum and the awesome op-1 i just got my iconnect interface, ive manage to sync my maschine+volcas+op-1 using the maschine as main clock but when im actually connect with the op-1 i can like a marge of both synth mode and drum mode, when i disconnect the op-1 from the interface i get thenormal control synth separated from drum, but again when i connect it to the iconnect i get a merge sound, midi channel is set on 1,

any one has experience something like this?

greetings!

Hi @futuraa.
This sounds strange .I have not much problem with the iCM4+.
Are you using a USB hub to connect both Machine and OP-1 or is the machine using old school din midi?
Are you saying you get trouble with the OP-1 merging synth and drum mode at the same time or Machine?

If you are using a USB hub -they are ment to be powered for iCM .Dont know if this is having any effect.

I am not sure I understand what you are saying… you are able to play both the synth engine and the drum engine at the same time? I ask because that is not possible as far as I have ever seen. I imaging you have started the tape and one of the two engines. can you explain what you are doing…

That’s sounds right-you may be trigger starting tape with a midi clock start message.
It can be easy to have “howl around” with machines controlling each other at the same time.
Go in midi set up on your iconfig app.Its about the 2nd option.You will have a list if lots of devices that can have their inputs and outputs switched on or off.(not the midi patchbay /routing section).
Locate your 3 devices in this list of about 60.Most of these are for 16 ports for your(3*) iOS or PC(s)devices.
Your OP1 will be in USB hub ports about number 53 down the list and should say TE OP-1.Find that and switch off “Input”.These are reversed labelled like (the iconnect is) a regular midi interface,so you are disabling OP midi output.You won’t use the keyboard now .If this is a problem then do reverse of above on your Machine.
Hope this helps.
There is no midi filter for midi clock start commands on iCM4.

Hello m8! thnx for the replyz and sorry for this late reply of mine. In fact its was my error setting up the midi channels on the iconnect manager, i reinstalled and left it on defaults and it was fixed, i think i was sending data on two midi channels triggering the synth and drums at the same time…another thing i was doin wrong was the clock that by default come setup on the iconnect to use a hardware sequencer clock, i read it on the instructions and changed it to send clock from the usb port conected to maschine o my computer and voila! its working tight!!!