Custom 3-PO Case feedback (comment for co-sign)

https://teenage.engineering/pop-report#winner

Congrats to the winner and nominees! Was surprised my favourite, the all black, working prototype 3PO case didn’t even get an honourable mention. Hopefully that guy makes some to sell! What was your favourite?

They all looked really cool! I would absolutely buy a combo case for the pocket operators. I hope some will be for sale.

People submitted some crazy creations, like the printer, the keytar thing… Some great simple ideas, the led light for instance or the cases. I really like the winning project, the 3PO were maybe too obvious for such a contest but definitely the one thing I will be looking for (this or single but well made cases)

Thinking about it, the single aluminium case is too obvious as well… I’m going to bed now :slight_smile:

is there a way to contact one of the case designers?

i would like to find out if they would build me a case.

there might be more information about the designers on the TE page. once u get there name or website, should be pretty easy to find a contact.

or u could use twitter #poDIY. thats how i found a lot of the ppl

#podiy on Instagram you can message pretty much anyone. Ive been trying to get the guy with the black 3PO cases attention but he’s ignoring me lol.

Personally, I am working on more of a 3 PO case with built in amplifier, and maybe some mixing pots as well as sync in and output. Unfortunately work has had me so busy that I couldn’t get started on breadboarding it up. I do have a 20W audio amp circuit waiting for me at home to assemble this weekend.

HEY! Black case guy got back to me! Was very kind, just didn’t want to say anything until the contest was over. He is going to sell them and individual cases. He is looking for feedback(price etc). He said he is having trouble joining the forum @KrisM , I think he just needs to be approved? I don’t know about you guys, but I think I’d pay around $200 for said case.

Thanks for the support virtual_flannel!
Also thanks to all the people from this forum for the kind words.
As he said, I will be going ahead and start production of these cases, regardless of the disappointing outcome of that contest.

So I’m here now, tell me what you would like to see in these cases.
The original design was meant to give the people what they actually wanted:
-individual sync in/out
-individual audio out 1/4"
-smoother volume control
-better spacing with the A/B pots
-3 in 1 design

What I would like to add:

• bigger frosted silicon buttons
    -bigger brighter leds (color matched to each po)
  • proper 5 pin midi
  • cv?
    -hack the firmware (oh it’s gonna happen)

Greg

Thanks for the support virtual_flannel! Also thanks to all the people from this forum for the kind words. As he said, I will be going ahead and start production of these cases, regardless of the disappointing outcome of that contest.

So I’m here now, tell me what you would like to see in these cases.
The original design was meant to give the people what they actually wanted:
-individual sync in/out
-individual audio out 1/4"
-smoother volume control
-better spacing with the A/B pots
-3 in 1 design

What I would like to add:

• bigger frosted silicon buttons
    -bigger brighter leds (color matched to each po)
  • proper 5 pin midi
  • cv?
    -hack the firmware (oh it’s gonna happen)

Greg

Sounds wicked man, I might suggest creating a new thread for people to chime in about this! Maybe post a pic or two of your prototype to remind cats how cool it looks :wink:

Interested!

interested as well!

Pretty talented people out there!

There were applicants going back to March o.O the mobile version of the site doesn’t show notifiers for it -_-

congrats to the lucky BB-1 guy !

This is really cool :slight_smile:

A suggestion for this : get some kind of protection for the knob to avoid battery drain.
Or some kind of on/off switch, maybe that’s easier.

And the MIDI 5 pin ! That would really be an upgrade :slight_smile:

in/ win/all over

Hey fam, @Dichstudios1 is looking for feedback on his awesome design. I know there was a large response to it in the PO Case contest thread. If you want to see this get made, show your support, and feedback in this thread. Let’s show him we want this!

3po

https://instagram.com/dichstudios/