Iphone to dump and load files?

I’m going to Mexico and want to pack light. I’d like to be able to remove and add files to the op-1 on my trip. I know how to do these things with my computer but is this possible to do with just an iPhone. The iphone is older and can be dedicated to just this task because its not my current mobile phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciate!

i think that the closed architecture of IOS doesn't allow u to access the files w/o some extra device or a jailbroken iphone

RAVpower file hub & your phone can do that (OS pemitting).

Wireless Backup of your OP-1 via Apotop DW17 to your iPhone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgUXqrfalqQ

Watch the video on youtube so you see my comments typed over the video.
There’s also instructions below on the YouTube page.

Hope that helps!

Perfect thanks everybody!

I have a Kingston Mobilite, which is another option.

Just purchased the Kingston Mobilite, and can confirm that it’s a good option.

I use the RAVpower solution, and it works like a charm.

Which app do you guys use for file transfer with the Kingston?

Kingston has their own free app available on the iOS App Store (don’t know if it’s on Google Play).

Initially owned and used the apotop dw17 for the op-1 file transfer task but recently bought a Kingston mobile lite 2 because it could transfer files from GoPro cards to an external hard drive on the go.

Have to say that the Kingston app is far superior in terms of look and feel and I think options - just feels a lot safer and that you won’t do the wrong thing (apotop app doesn’t have labels on icons).

If the device you want to use is an old phone then I think you can just jailbreak it and use a file management app to grab stuff from the op-1. You wouldn’t need to buy any other gear. There’s bound to be info online somewhere.

One of the bonuses of the apotop/Kingston is that it doubles as a power supply too and can hold a lot of juice.

Semi Old thread it seems…

So I recently bought one of these Ravpower devices. From the info on these forums (dope) i saw that quite a few of ya’ll use the Rav for backups of the Op1. I got mine, and for the life of me can’t figure out how to connect to it.

I have an iphone7, and have tried it with 2 different apps. One was the Ravpower Filehub, and the other “filehub plus”. They both seem to be able to connect to the router/wi-fi aspect of the Ravpower, but I can’t seem to do much else with it. I have the OP connected, I’m in disk mode…nothing. It seems as if there are aspects of it I can’t acess or something. There are icons and things in the apps on the phone that go nowhere.

Truth be told, the unit, app…all of it looks like cheap POS type stuff. Should I return this and try the Kingston one perhaps? Any tips?

Thanks!

What exact RAVpower unit have you actually got? Maybe post a link or photo.
Does it have SD card slot and is called a file hub?

Oops. Duh.

I have this unit here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01G1XH46M/

Yeah it’s got the SD card, charges, does the wifi thing, etc.

Thanks.

You need this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016ZWS9ZE/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1502474952&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=ravpower&dpPl=1&dpID=31sEsiWiJgL&ref=plSrch

Shit. I posted the wrong link. I have the one you linked to. Durpty durp durp.

What exact RAVpower unit have you actually got? Maybe post a link or photo. Does it have SD card slot and is called a file hub?

Yes. This. It has the SD Slot, wi-fi, etc. I can get it running, and have tried 2 different apps on the iphone to no avail.

Have you discovered it as a wifi source on your mobile and wified up to it?

Have you discovered it as a wifi source on your mobile and wified up to it?

Yes sir. Found it in my iPhones wifi settings. Connected. It was a little slow, but it did it just fine. I’ve seen people mention the iOS when taking about some of these backup options. As I originally said, I have an iPhone 7 running 10.3.3. Could that be the problem?

Otherwise I’m at a loss. Ready to pull the trigger on the Kingston or something else if need be.

“File hub plus” works for me.