EMU SP-1200 KITS FOR OP1?

Howdy.
So today I started recording drum patches from the emu sp1200 demo library into the op1 for fun. But then I started wondering. Do any of you want some? I could make you an 808 kit, etc. or any of the other stock emu disks.
Let me know if there’s interest. I would maybe be more inclined to do the work of it’d make people happy.
They sound much beefier than any of the drums the op1 could come up with. But by sampling them, you can sequence and put cool lfo’s on there, etc.
thanks,
Montgomery.

EDIT: Here’s the kits I have posted in this thread. I’ll update here as I add them.

2 808 Drum Patches, all sampled from the emu sp1200…48 sounds:
http://operator-1.com/uploads/FileUpload/9a/eb543ef8f1dc7f3ef77a6a2b6f266f.zip

Original Sp-12 stock drums from Rom chip banks 1 & 2, made into 1 OP1 kit:
http://operator-1.com/uploads/FileUpload/0c/156beeb457f8992117c1fedb4afbd6.zip

Emu SP1200 “PERCOTRON” floppy:
http://operator-1.com/uploads/FileUpload/c8/6f6c1fdacab0ffe6bfc9c2e5921b8b.zip

Amen Break pitched down as a drum patch and also an extra dirty synth:
http://operator-1.com/uploads/FileUpload/0b/26ba6a73fa2f8331b28113d8a11cbe.zip

<3

Do it!

ok.

this first kit was from an original sp1200 floppy called PERCOTRON.
basic drums, but sound fucking good, cuz you kno, SP1200.

but i really like using the op1 to sequence these.
lemme know if you have any wishes for certain kits, drum machines, or breaks, etc. you’d like to have 12bit dirt applied to.

i plan on doing a oddities/808 kit very soon, and i’ll upload it for you guys…

<3 montgomery

Awesome! Can’t wait to try this out.

Thank you!

you’re welcome!

here’s the original sp12 sounds that were stock (undeletable) in the sp12, but came as a floppy for the sp1200…
<3

Many thanks for these! Nothing like some new kits to breathe life into your op-1 :slight_smile:

yeah, i love the op1, but having drums from somewhere else make ALL the difference.

Will download asap! Never played any sp 1200 kits so totally looking forward to it. How do i upload them to op1? Can i transfer via usb or just sample through record?

Just uploaded the kit. It sounds gritty. I like a lot. Thanks for sharing and keep em coming mate.

Mint Monty!
Thanks a bunch!
I’m going to try these today.

Dope man! Bring on the SP kits fo sho!

Thanks, these are great.

Nice! Glad you guys like them.
Any requests?

Well, of course the 808 kit is always nice:D You just cannot go wrong with it.

Hey guys, I’m not sure how to get it into my Op-1… How do you do it?

Sorry and excuse the question. Here’s what is happening; the file is just a white piece of paper looking thing. I’ve tried right clicking it, dropping and dragging to my desktop, and a few other things.

Help please!

Hey guys, I'm not sure how to get it into my Op-1... How do you do it?

Sorry and excuse the question. Here’s what is happening; the file is just a white piece of paper looking thing. I’ve tried right clicking it, dropping and dragging to my desktop, and a few other things.

Help please!

Enter disk mode in OP-1. Open the OP-1 mounted drive on your computer. You will see a folder called drums. Create a folder called whatever you want say… SP1200. Put the drum patch (piece of paper) in this folder and put that folder in the OP-1’s drum folder. Now when you go to load the patch there will be a new folder called Sp1200 and a patch in it. Also manual and search for more clear explanation :).

Also, very kind of you to do this Montgum! I think a really cool kit, would be the amen break. But playing with sampling it in at different speed and different amounts of pitch down to get them you know SP tho sounds. Just focusing on that one break but really seeing how much variation of dirt you can put on it. That would be a super cool kit IMO. Oh man, just when my GAS was dying down, you gone made me want a SP1200 :frowning:

yea these are dope, thanks dude!

@vf theres an ableton rack out there that they say gets pretty close
Well, of course the 808 kit is always nice:D You just cannot go wrong with it.

Will do! I started to, sampled 32 separate 808 samples into the sp, then hit a wrong button and BOOM everything was gone. I got sad. And mad.

@vf! Amen break and all its dirt coming up! That one will be interesting. I may just upload a wav so you can chop it yourself, but with different filters and pitches so you can hear that SP stardust over the top. <3

. I may just upload a wav so you can chop it yourself, but with different filters and pitches so you can hear that SP stardust over the top. <3

That would be super rad man!